Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy, what conspiracy?

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Wonderful proof that no matter how much you present evidence, logic and explanation, the conspiracy theory will always get through. Quite how we can prove a negative is beyond me - if someone thinks that the mod is censoring the site, then no matter how much we say 'rubbish' it is impossible for us to prove that something did not happen.

Tanzi

Lantern Swinger
I repeat, as far as I'm concerned if a thing's worth saying then it's worth saying in the open.

Message from PT

"You've chosen to go around posting some very inaccurate and in fact completely false information about who I am and what I do.

May I gently advise you that trying to smoke out a user and compromise their identity by publicly posting what you believe to be facts about them and who they really are and what they do is considered completely unacceptable conduct here. If people choose to self identify themselves then that is their decision, but it is not for others to try and force this information into the public domain.

Please ensure it does not happen again."

Of course this is arrant nonsense. PT has announced publicly what he does but almost immediately deleted it, along with my response and the rest of the thread. Far from 'trying to smoke out a user' I believe PT suddenly realised he had revealed too much. I have not forced him to admit people who know him think he is a w*nker. Those are his own words, posted on his own volition.

Sorry to disappoint you PT but if you make certain claims in a thread then you must expect to be questioned, quoted or have those claims repeated - so it probably will happen again.

Suck it up, princess.

Ballistic

War Hero
I wish you lot would decide what abbreviations you want to use for 'moderator' and 'Ministry of Defence'. :confused:

So far, we've had:
MOD
Mod.
Mod
mod
MoD

I'm only an ex-gunbuster and easily confused by inconsistent abbreviations, acronyms and symon... synmo... words that mean the same :p

Seadog

War Hero
Just for clarity Tanzi, when I refer to our Commanders' Intent and our COs I am referring to the Site Owners whose anonymous avatars say 'Good CO ' and 'Bad CO'. You'll just have to take their word for it.

If they think a moderator is forgetting that RR is not a Ministry of Defence organ they will issue a sharp reminder.

drewfester

Lantern Swinger
Seadog, from how I read your post, this site IS controlled by the Ministry of Defence! If that's true, a lot of people will be deep in the poo!
Am I right???

Seadog

War Hero
From the COs. The same COs who own and operate RR. It reads across to Rum Ration/Navy Net.

"For over 10 years the Army Rumour Service has been the British Army's busiest and best online community. The site has a broad spread of users, military, ex-military and civilian, from all ranks, services and many countries (primarily British Army of course), and contains a broad mix of content from the deepest intellectual discussions to pure offensive rubbish.
Unofficial, but with Plenty to Say
The Army Rumour Service is entirely unofficial, although often quoted as a source of comment on military issues by the national media, and more recently a source of opinion for the House of Commons Defence Select Committee.
What else..
In addition to the discussion forums at the heart Army Rumour Service, the site also has over 1000 reviews of books and equipment, it's own wiki, the ARRSEPedia (think Wikipedia, but more humorous and only occasionally accurate), and an image gallery
Management
The Army Rumour Service is run day-to-day by a team of volunteer moderators, with the backing of regular users. There are two site administrators / owners, and the commercial side of the site is carried out under the brand Military Media, by Olive Net Ltd. The site is maintained through advertising income and donations.
History
The Army Rumour Service was founded by two serving British Army officers in 2002, with the key ingredients being beer, midnight oil and The Idiots Guide to Websites. Initially the site, and particularly its name, ARRSE, caught the interest of military aircrew and the Army's Junior Staff College students, but grew rapidly beyond to all parts of the regular and reserve Army and all ranks.

jrwlynch

Lantern Swinger
I have not forced him to admit people who know him think he is a w*nker. Those are his own words, posted on his own volition.

I know PT and don't particularly consider him a [email protected] - he's helped me out several times in the real world and he's good company over a beer or three.

And if he's MOD media ops, it's covered up extremely well...

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Wondering if there is an emoticon to cover the act of slapping ones forehead in disbelief/resigned depression at how easily some people can be that guy...

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Do you want my avatar?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

slim

War Hero
For those inhibited RRs the original uncensored post can now be read on ROMFT
Personally I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss was about.
It's a well written piss take............................however maybe there is more than a little truth in it;)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Gotta love messdeck lawyers. As a Scouser, I also used to think it was my enshrined right to scream indignant bollix.

As I've matured (very slowly, admittedly), I've learned that there are times when perhaps it is better to wind one's neck in, from time to time.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Wonderful proof that no matter how much you present evidence, logic and explanation, the conspiracy theory will always get through. Quite how we can prove a negative is beyond me - if someone thinks that the mod is censoring the site, then no matter how much we say 'rubbish' it is impossible for us to prove that something did not happen.

"J" notation (although I never really understood the point of it).

Latest Threads