Conny Onny

Waspie

War Hero
@Waspie , I see it as the same as just some old boy nursing his pint in the corner reminiscing about "the good old days" and "when we had a proper navy"

Every RNA and British Legion Club has at least one, and before @Sumo starts I'm not a member of either so it's not me.
Nice analogy, I have changed the image in my mind from a keyboard warrior dressed in an Admirals uniform circa 1883 to that of a keyboard warrior 1947, covered in tats and a wild grey beard supping a tot of howsmefather in the corner of the Legion in a far flung land far far away!!!!!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Nice analogy, I have changed the image in my mind from a keyboard warrior dressed in an Admirals uniform circa 1883 to that of a keyboard warrior 1947, covered in tats and a wild grey beard supping a tot of howsmefather in the corner of the Legion in a far flung land far far away!!!!!!
A bona fide Uncle Albert :)

Well, hope he enjoys his dark corner in the RNA/Legion....covid seems to be doing in a number of Legion Branches here in Canada, no doubt similar in UK.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Well, hope he enjoys his dark corner in the RNA/Legion....covid seems to be doing in a number of Legion Branches here in Canada, no doubt similar in UK.
My branch hasn't met since March, the committee have met once, down the pub, to work out what to do in November.

Latest Threads