Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

congrats you passed AIB... but unlikely to be selected

Anon997

LOGS OFFICER APPLICANT

I have just received a letter from AIB informing me that I have passed the AIB as logs officer but will unlikely be selected.

What are my options?

BristolBastard

Midshipman
I believe an AIB pass remains valid for 12 months - i.e you remain in the pool of potential OC's for a year. If you aren't selected then you would have to redo AIB, and hopefully get a competitive score.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
If you have the requisite A levels or degree, try Engineer. Logs is very very popular. If you have a degree then Training Management Officer may be open to you. Bear in mind though that TMO is the branch of the chosen and the intellectual glue that holds the rest of the Navy together. Many are called but few chosen. Or go Dabber......... I think AIB is valid for 2 years but let's check with a professional - 'Paging Ninja Stoker, paging Ninja Stoker'.........

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bear in mind though that TMO is the branch of the chosen, colour blind, failed aircrew, sea-sick afflicted, those who wanted some quality shore time and the LIDL quality glue that holds the rest of the Navy together, mostly by being the team victim. Many are called but few chosen./QUOTE]

fixed that for you ;-)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Join the RNR as an officer (and do project HERMES.)
Absolutely spot-on.

An AIB pass is valid for the RNR. Do that first, then request a transfer to the regular service, sit back.

If you passed AIB, you are eligible to join as an Officer. For as long as you are one (RNR), as soon as there's a shortfall, you're an easy win.

One of life's anomalies is that ratings are selected sequentially by order of pass - officers by grade of pass ... But only in shortage categories. Sit tight, join the RNR and it could go your way.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hermes is closed for this year. Having said that the pool of applicants is thinning rapidly as the biffs, RNFT failures, AIB stouffs and people who just cant take 3 months out of their life start to be a factor. You could walk in now to an AFCO and ask and press to test. Or just join a unit and do it slow space and gain experience. The RNR has a Logs Branch. There is now a seamless transfer process for Dartmouth passed RNR officers into the RN.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wave Dodger, these Children's Tea Parties, CCF Visits, the SULTAN show, COLLINGWOOD Field Gun Day and Stone Frigate Duty Rosters are not going to organise themselves are they? LOL

Absolutely not, but then again they're not managed solely by Skoolies, in most establishments they're still the minority on the staff.

You missed out making ball decs, that was always one of my least favourite evolutions, and organising the summer cocktail parties, I didn't that mind too much though.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Tweaked that one for you - no charge!!!!

Ah, but they are what you make of them. In general you're correct and especially nowadays with some fantastic panic gap filling being hastily implemented. As always it's lovely to meet the appointer, allows you to meet the person about to be promoted in 18 months.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates Congrats. The Gash Barge 1
Handler Congrats to Prince William Current Affairs 7
frogman007 Congrats PO(D) Lawrence Current Affairs 9
chinamatelot Oldest WW1 veteran - congrats Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Report 10/2020: Signal passed at danger at Loughborough South Junction, Leicestershire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 06/2020: Signal passed at stop and near miss, Deansgate-Castlefield tram stop, Manchester MoD News 0
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Signal passed at danger and subsequent near-miss at Chalfont & Latimer station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Signals passed at danger near Crofton West Junction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Signal passed at danger near Loughborough MoD News 0
LeedsBornLeedsBred Passed out 5 week ago, here to answer any questions. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
S Medical - passed back to Navy to decide ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS News story: Opt-out organ donation: Max and Keira's Bill passed into law MoD News 0
couper172 Passed RT with higher score, not sure what to role to choose Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
U Passed running test first week of September - not heard anything back yet Joining the Royal Navy 5
N Medical appointment after being passed medically fit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
T Son passed out of Raleigh last week Joining the Royal Navy 5
W Passed AIB however told selection unlikely Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Passed AIB with a near Perfect Score, what can I do while I wait? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
C Newly Passed Pilots, how was your time? The Fleet Air Arm 5
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
G Have you ever passed Medical underweight? Gaining Weight before Recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MenInSlacks Passed RT now Initial officer interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Passed RT but I didn't get my job choice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Passed my RT will police caution halt my path? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Jake K PASSED PRNC, Basic training starting 15th May. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
C Passed almost everything Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
H passed my pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
77DEEPS77 Anyone Passed their interview for the 2014 intake yet? RFA 157
J Passed Interview - Worried about colour perception! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
Red_Ferny Passed my selection interview! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
Red_Ferny Passed my RT! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Passed medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Andy_Cap Father-in law passed away Nearest & Dearest 2
LaurenMc Passed my interview!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
C Passed my psychometric testing Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
LaurenMc Passed my PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
O Father passed away - will Mum still get pension? Finance & Pensions 19
LaurenMc Passed my medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
W Passed medical start of November , no word ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
OMM passed selection interview ET-WE 4-12-12 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
J Passed medical and awaiting phsyical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
L Passed my RTS :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Passed the medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
H Passed my AIB! But... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 75
B Just passed the RT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Passed my medical :-) Health & Fitness 4
R just passed PT and eye test sep 2nd for medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Stirling Passed on and left his mates 'a drink' The Corps 6
M Tinnitus but passed medical Health & Fitness 22