Confusion over the current IFT at BRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Albino, Feb 22, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I'll hopefully have my sift interview sometime soon and just want to make sure everything is squared away and there is one issue with my understanding of the initial fleet time that occurs at BRNC. I am lead to believe they changed the basic training programme around 2014 reducing the IFT but I have now been finding conflicting information over the structure of the course and the initial fleet time duration. This document ( navy responsive/documents/idt/brnc/brnc12into.pdf) states that there is a 3 week initial fleet time acquaint and then on the RN website I am finding it written that there is an IFT of 10 weeks ( officer.pdf).

Is the first document the most current and correct initial officer training course outline?

You'd like to think they have the right info on the RN website and the pdf files they have links to but I am a bit skeptical.
  2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Mate, its an initial interview. What they are looking for now is evidence that you've done some very basic research as part of a much wider examination of your POTENTIAL to acquire a Commission. Knowing you do IFT is enough at this point; you will not fail for not knowing it now.
  3. Just for info though, both of those documents are incorrect, there are only two 15 week terms now, militarisation and then marinisation which incorporates 3 weeks Initial Sea Acquaint