Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Shay1991, Mar 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I told my AFCO I wanted to be WE about a month ago he told me I could be walking out the gates of Raleigh in 9-12 months. But everyone on here seems to think ill be waiting at least two years to even get in!? Was he just lying to me or is there some truth in this?
  2. I'm going for WE too mate. I've been told its up to 12 months wait before I start training. Hopefully get in a lot sooner than that.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  3. Waiting lists are dependent on branch and I know the Navy is short of engineers for submarines, don't know if this is true also for the surface fleet
  4. Hopefully mate! Can't wait to get in and start training! How far into the process are u?
    Thanks 2cool. Hope so for surface fleet too. Don't fancy them submarines myself
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Go by the advice from your AFCO. Those applying last year may well have been told it was a longer wait than those applying now, as that is correct.
  6. Just had my medical, waiting for a doctors note to go through then do my fitness test then I'm sorted. Just wait for a date for PRNC then training. You?

7. Thanks ninja.
    Sounds good mate. Only just getting started got my RT next week
  8. I hope somebody wants to join the submarines.. I don't want to get nailed with it !
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

A wish shared by the whole Submarine Service I would imagine!
    • Like Like x 6
  10. RT isn't too bad. Just do the revision booklet they give you. There's a lot on the test that's not on the book though. It's not hard! The interview is what you've gotta prepare for mostly!

11. Any tips for the interview mate?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Answer the questions.
  13. Revise like a dull un! When I had mine he asked me what ships they use, what their names are, what's the new ones coming out in the next few years, (queen Elizabeth class carriers), asked about PRNC, where you go for training, how long for, and what you do. It's all on the Internet mate. It's just a case of finding it all. Write it all down too!

14. Instead of saying "which ships THEY use", try saying "which ships WE use". They belong to all of us after all :)
  15. Great tip fool
  16. Cheers for info mate
  17. Youngskip, get your head out of your arse.
  18. Oh goody, a new toy!
  19. ^ you are so loved up by strap ons! Come out to thailiand and as my bitch you will be well happy!
  20. Where's thailiand?