Confirmation on Warfare Officer Training Pipeline

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by G11, May 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. G11

G11

Hello folks, thanks for checking out this thread, as the title states I am looking for information regarding the training pipeline for a surface warfare officer post- BRNC. I would greatly appreciate any up to date information anyone has.

As I understand it, after the initial two terms at BRNC a further 14 weeks are spent at BRNC on the IWO (Foundation) course, following this:

• 4 weeks at HMS Collingwood for IWO (NAV) course
    • Work towards navigational watch certificate
    • IWOC (could anybody confirm the length of this course?)
    • Further down the line, PWO, (13 months)
    If any of these pieces of information are incorrect please feel free to correct them.

Many thanks

2. I can tell you now, you won't be doing your PWO course 13 months after passing out of BRNC.

3. I think he was implying PWO course is 13 months long; you're right though, you're looking at about 10 - 12 years of service first!

4. G11

G11

Thanks for checking out the thread guys, yes i was implying that it would be a 13 month long course,however, i am under no illusions regarding the amount of service time required to progress to that stage.

5. Wow a budding PWO already. You carry on fella! IWOC is 14 weeks but you have SFT before that which is 9 months to get 900 bridge hours (never going to happen atm but we shall see!)