Confidential Reports (TA) transferred to the RN?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by IB08, Dec 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Im a TA soldier who is looking at (hopefully) getting a commission in the RN in after I finish uni. I have a lot of questions, so bear with me please. Do the Confidential Reports that my OC writes get sent to AIB, and are they then transferred to my RN records if and when I join the RN? Also, does your army number have any bearing on what your naval service number will be? Seeing as I will have been in for around four years by the time I hopefully get in, does my service/rank gained count seniority wise? Its just that Id quite like any quals/other good stuff that I have/may gain whilst in the TA to be on record in the RN, if that makes sense. ^_^; I have searched on here for answers to these qs, unfortunately I cant find them.
  2. May I ask why RN and not the RM?,
  3. I doubt your CRs will get passed on to AIB, but they could be My CRs did not go RN to TA. Your RN service number is allocated when you are slated for BRNC, in alphabetical order off the entry list, as I recall.

    TA service counts for no seniority in the RN. Para wings if awarded in the TA can be worn in the RN, I believe, and I can think of no other quals that would carry across.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    If you are still serving, your service number, if one of the 3000000 numbers may carry across, otherwise you get a new one. We would normally write to your TA unit for a reference from your commanding officer & verification that you were not discharged on disciplinary or medical grounds. You should obtain a copy of your TA medical records for submission before your AFCO medical examination. If you have earned para wings &/or medals for example, you need to produce documentary evidence that you are entitled to wear them, otherwise you cannot.

    TA seniority is not usually carried over, nor is your conduct record sheet (Army Form B200), however you must produce a TA discharge certificate before you can physically start RN training.
  5. My service number is 300 something, which hopefully means that I wont have to have it changed. Thats good to know about any badges you have gained through the TA being carried over though. I think they are all recorded down in your army handbook anyway. It makes me feel that at least my service isnt totally unrecognised! Im still serving in the TA ninja, and hope to do so right up until Im accepted at BRNC. Having looked at the application forms, it seems that your OC has to give a reference for you to even get to AIB if you are in the TA? I have no doubt that I will get lots of wee take anyways for wanting to join the RN off my pongo buddies lol.
    Rn commando, I am a girl, hence me not joining the RM.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    Seems fair enough, we can't all be musicians.

    Mind you, having seen Royals on a run ashore on numerous occasions, you are probably best placed to offer them fashion tips.
  7. Haha indeed. I do help some of the boys in my unit with cross dressing when we have our mess piss ups lol! They look bloody good as well, Elizabeth Arden cosmetics stilettos and all.

Share This Page