Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conduct on discharge.

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
Didn't have Exemplary in my time in the Andrew - just Unsatisfactory, Satisfactory, and Superior, as in conduct VG Superior - never got one though, but looking at my old man's RN docs he got a few....clever cnut...

Dicky said:
Didn't have Exemplary in my time in the Andrew - just Unsatisfactory, Satisfactory, and Superior, as in conduct VG Superior - never got one though, but looking at my old man's RN docs he got a few....clever cnut...

I think he means on your Discharge Cert, and not your 264 Comic Cuts, the top one used to be 'Excellent' I think - don't think I rated that myself either, or a red line either !! ;) .
The only guy I knew rated one of those was a no badge POSA who also got the BEM for destoring a ship !!

8O

smudge3311

I got Fcuk all!! I'll just make it up, I think I was "shit hot"

now 4 1/2 years after discharge I still dont have my discharge Docs :x

Guzzler

War Hero
The efficiencies were 'Exceptional', 'Superior', 'Satisfactory', 'Moderate' and err 'Inferior' I think.

Guzzler

War Hero
I do believe that "Shit Hot" has been added recently.

Something to do with the new reporting system.

I could, of course, be wrong. :?

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Guzzler said:

No you're right, also added was f*****g good, that's where I'm rated at the moment. :lol:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
tiddlyoggy said:
Guzzler said:

No you're right, also added was f*****g good, that's where I'm rated at the moment. :lol:

I got "Thank fcuk he's gone" :oops:

chockhead819

War Hero
I had been given "Exemplary" from squadron CO then went to Osprey, my DO dropped me down to "Satisfactory" because I didn't sign on.

johne said:
I got exemplary. Wonder if anyone managed unsatisfactory ? 8O

So did I...and f*ck knows how! From the moment I handed in my notice it was bolshy bastard on speed for 18 months..
Just goes to show you never really know the impression you make :roll:

NotmeChief

Banned
sussex2 said:
johne said:

So did I...and f*ck knows how! From the moment I handed in my notice it was bolshy bastard on speed for 18 months..

Obviously - when you were under the influence you were blowing your D.O.

NotmeChief said:
sussex2 said:
johne said:

Obviously - when you were under the influence you were blowing your D.O.

Nope, I think it actually refers to performance on one ship (and no I wasn't doing naughties with the skipper) the actual discharge document, still stashed gawd knows where in its blue plastic folder, says something similar.
No matter at all really as it was never asked for and doesn't matter a jot these days.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My Great, Great Granddad (yep I've got his Ships Certificate starting 1896) got discharged pre- WWI with a conduct assessment of "Fair". Apparently he went on the trot in Canada for a year or two, so the mob got a bit miffed with him.

When WWI broke-out, surprise surprise, they let him back in.

D

Deleted 493

Guzzler said:
The efficiencies were 'Exceptional', 'Superior', 'Satisfactory', 'Moderate' and err 'Inferior' I think.

What about 'Exadge'?

levers

ashanti

Midshipman
johne said:

whose name and stamp is on your s 1560 certificate of discharge johne , a commodore by any chance ! . Exemplary is normaly awarded for bravery , my father in law got one , ex raf brylcreme boy ww2 . he refused a bravery award ( medal ) and was given a verbal commendation and a mention in despatches . The character assesment is based on your total service years . good - vg sat being the normal from each skipper ship and shore based . Quote " Note , this is an overall assesment of a man`s character throughout his RN service and has been awarded on an inter service scale from the range ` exemplary , very good , good , fair , and unsatisfactory . it is based on the annual character assessments recorded on his certificate of service , of which the highest attainable is VG " .

Rumrat

War Hero
Well if there's no "exemplary" I've got a forgery, cus that's whats written on mine.
And my cousin has the same. 8O

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Code of conduct for security operatives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial Conduct Authority's plans for climate-related financial disclosures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vocational driver conduct statutory document updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Executive of the Financial Conduct Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update to appointment on Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New appointments announced to Financial Conduct Authority Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement re SRA's Code of Conduct MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministry of Defence response to allegations relating to the conduct of UK forces in Iraq and Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New appointments to Financial Conduct Authority board announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recommendations for the Financial Conduct Authority: 2017 to 2019 Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dame Mary Ney appointed to conduct college financial monitoring review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Suppliers of antidepressants accused of illegal anti-competitive conduct MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Regulators launch consultation on professional driver conduct guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Changes to the board of the Financial Conduct Authority announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New code of conduct for artificial intelligence (AI) systems used by the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Receive Long Service and Good Conduct Medals MoD News 2
MoD_RSS News story: Italian, German, Spanish and UK MAAs conduct Recognition MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: RAF conduct first air strikes in Syria MoD News 0
Guns Brace brace brace... Stand too conduct blanket searches The Quarterdeck 6
MoD_RSS News story: UK troops conduct joint exercise in Poland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: FCO Minister welcomes peaceful conduct of elections in Jordan MoD News 0
wave_dodger Chinese conduct deck landings with J-15s at sea Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS Apaches conduct operations over Libya Current Affairs 0
21_Man Warrants....for Conduct The Quarterdeck 34
OSLO Exemplary Conduct Current Affairs 2
Z Discharge book RFA 2
MoD_RSS £62 million to help discharge people with learning disabilities or autism into the community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thoresby Hall Hotel sewage discharge leads to £90,000 fine MoD News 0
ChewieTheWAFU Medical Discharge Finance & Pensions 1
O Guidance Required for Phase 1 INT (R) Discharge –NFA(Med)PREM – Dyspraxia Joining the Royal Navy 5
T Guidance needed for phase 3 Discharge Shock Joining the Royal Navy 69
E Anxiety and discharge Health & Fitness 33
MoD_RSS Press release: £500,000 penalty for sewage discharge at Sutton Park MoD News 0
H Wrongful Discharge? Finance & Pensions 6
C Phase one medical discharge Joining the Royal Navy 1
vauxhall Medical Discharge and AFPS 75 Finance & Pensions 0
Devonjock Medical Discharge (Temporary) from Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
R Medical Discharge Miscellaneous 2
Horus40k Medically unfit at discharge but no MBOS - what to do Health & Fitness 2
G Discharge?? The Quarterdeck 15
vauxhall Tier 1 medical discharge Finance & Pensions 0
A Medical discharge or PVR? Joining the Royal Navy 78
J Wrongful medical discharge Finance & Pensions 15
G Discharge Book and British Seamans Card RFA 2
N Medical Discharge from Raleigh appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M Medical Discharge Finance & Pensions 2
gerrysurfs Medical discharge under AFPS 15 updated Finance & Pensions 7
gerrysurfs Medical discharge under afps15 Finance & Pensions 9
W Discharge paperwork. UPO 12
R Rare Pneumonia now a possible discharge! Health & Fitness 4