Conduct on discharge.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by johne, Mar 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got exemplary. Wonder if anyone managed unsatisfactory ? 8O

2. depends if you hold it in your left or right hand!

3. :laughing3:

4. Didn't have Exemplary in my time in the Andrew - just Unsatisfactory, Satisfactory, and Superior, as in conduct VG Superior - never got one though, but looking at my old man's RN docs he got a few....clever cnut...

5. I think he means on your Discharge Cert, and not your 264 Comic Cuts, the top one used to be 'Excellent' I think - don't think I rated that myself either, or a red line either !! ;) .
    The only guy I knew rated one of those was a no badge POSA who also got the BEM for destoring a ship !!

8O

6. I got Fcuk all!! I'll just make it up, I think I was "shit hot"

now 4 1/2 years after discharge I still dont have my discharge Docs :x

7. The efficiencies were 'Exceptional', 'Superior', 'Satisfactory', 'Moderate' and err 'Inferior' I think.

8. So Guzzler

Your saying I cant be "shit Hot"

What about "top man"

:lol:

9. I do believe that "Shit Hot" has been added recently.

Something to do with the new reporting system.

I could, of course, be wrong. :?

10. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

No you're right, also added was f*****g good, that's where I'm rated at the moment. :lol:

11. I got "Thank fcuk he's gone" :oops:

12. I had been given "Exemplary" from squadron CO then went to Osprey, my DO dropped me down to "Satisfactory" because I didn't sign on.

13. You'd been given 'Exceptional'.

14. So did I...and f*ck knows how! From the moment I handed in my notice it was bolshy bastard on speed for 18 months..
    Just goes to show you never really know the impression you make :roll:

15. Obviously - when you were under the influence you were blowing your D.O.

16. Nope, I think it actually refers to performance on one ship (and no I wasn't doing naughties with the skipper) the actual discharge document, still stashed gawd knows where in its blue plastic folder, says something similar.
    No matter at all really as it was never asked for and doesn't matter a jot these days.

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My Great, Great Granddad (yep I've got his Ships Certificate starting 1896) got discharged pre- WWI with a conduct assessment of "Fair". Apparently he went on the trot in Canada for a year or two, so the mob got a bit miffed with him.

When WWI broke-out, surprise surprise, they let him back in.

18. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

What about 'Exadge'?

levers

19. whose name and stamp is on your s 1560 certificate of discharge johne , a commodore by any chance ! . Exemplary is normaly awarded for bravery , my father in law got one , ex raf brylcreme boy ww2 . he refused a bravery award ( medal ) and was given a verbal commendation and a mention in despatches . The character assesment is based on your total service years . good - vg sat being the normal from each skipper ship and shore based . Quote " Note , this is an overall assesment of a man`s character throughout his RN service and has been awarded on an inter service scale from the range ` exemplary , very good , good , fair , and unsatisfactory . it is based on the annual character assessments recorded on his certificate of service , of which the highest attainable is VG " .

20. Well if there's no "exemplary" I've got a forgery, cus that's whats written on mine.
    And my cousin has the same. 8O