Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gazza82, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello
    Think this might be a question for NS but if anyone else knows what I can do feel free to reply.
    I have just recovered from a flu virus but still have a cough and went back to the gym saturday and got pains in my chest which probably is from the bad cough I have thought it would go away so been to the gym a few more times and still get the pains.
    To get to the point I have my RNAC on monday and dont know if I will manage to do the 1.5 mile run because of it. I really dont wanna cancel because I could manage all other tests I think and I wont get another week off work.
    What can I do? :( HELP Please!
  2. Try doing the run a couple of days before. If you can do it, then crack on. If not, I'd postpone. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first!
  3. i think a trip to the Doctor is probably advisable,the most common cause of sudden death in young healthy poeple is exercising after a bad viral illness im sure they will understand any way,and would not let you do it any way
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot on.

You can easily be booked onto another RNAC rather than give everyone else the lurgy & feel godawful yourself whilst you're there. Failure to complete the run on RNAC sends out the wrong signals anyway.

Dying, as Brendan alludes, is also frowned upon- it puts people off. :thumright:
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Get shitefaced, then finish off with a kebab at 2a.m. Get up at 6 a.m and go for a six miler. If you can do that then you'll fit in with any Bootneck rifle company.
  6. I have been having the same problem over the last couple of days it started on new years day so at first i just though it was a bad hangover lol , when i go running i've been getting chest pains but i have been running through them but after about 2 miles i have to stop because i keep getting coughing fits and nearly be sick.
  7. Lightweights. There's still a good four hours of drinking time left.
  8. Hey thanks for the replies.
    Spoke to the AFCO today and they told me not to postpone because he probably wouldnt be able to fit me in to other dates before my entry date.
    I feel fine myself its just an occasional cough and the pains while running, tho the AFCO said to tell the staff at the rnac about the situation when I arrive and it should be fine and we could sort something out.
    Also my doc told me today Its nothin serious just not to over do it and it should go after a week she also recomended swimming :p
  9. Have you tried a couple of Gaviscon...... Seriously, I think angina might be a problem..... ;)