Compulsory Army Redundancies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Ghost, Mar 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And your point is?
  2. His point probably is:

Yet again loyal servicemen are about to be shafted by Brown and his minions at the MoD.

Have a nice day

3. And it'll be the Navy's fault with QE carriers JSF and trident stealing all the money.
  4. Or possibly the Army are trying to get their manpower structure right such that 15 year Cpls aren't blocking promotion for the young lads below them. MCPs were used incorrectly previously, and BAFF will be watching them with a hawk-eye to make sure they're not abused this time around. But frankly, they are a necessary measure with the Armed Forces at or near manning limits.
  5. Forgive me for being cynical. I am sure that in reality the MoD and the C-O-C will not yet again abuse this unfair system knowing that BAFF are keeping a watchful eye on them :roll:

Have an even nicer day

6. Need to free up some cash after the second houses and expences scandals of not so long past came to light!! I'm sure there could be a banker or two who could use the extra cash to service his Aston DB9.
    :D :wink:
  7. Whilst it is unfortunate that some will lose their jobs, they are not being made "redundant" (they are being binned in accordance with long standing regulations) as their jobs will still exist and require manning. I know it's not fashionable to support anything HMG does but a_t_g is right in my opinion. The agument against will inevitably be along the lines of "they are good blokes that didn't want to go any further" and that may well be the case for some/many. However; let's be realistic; many on here and Arrse have dripped about the wasters and scoundrels, well let's hope it's them getting issued their last warrant!! IIRC the RAF were stil using this system in the mid-90s, was the RN?

8. It's been a long time coming to be fair.

I recall being accommodated at Nelson in about 2004/5 just before Sumarez block was demolished. The entire place was full of wasters who were playing on biff chits so they wouldn't have to go to sea. The thing that grated my shit the most was seeing people doing spacker's leadership even though they would never be fit enough to serve on a ship again.

I'm all for keeping jobs for the boys etc. But when it is for fat wasters who are too lazy to pass an RNFT or people who are constantly injured because they spend all their time playing Rugby, they should be fcuked off at once.
  9. Whilst at an overseas careers event it was mentioned to me that there could be a large amount of Army chefs being made redundant. This is supposedly because the civvy company are taking on a lot of the cooking even in overseas/front line roles.

10. Absolutely shocking.
  11. So they could go from Army Cooks to Civvy chefs in the same area but at a rather more substantial wage packet ?

12. You quoted the DailyMail. That is credibility suicide.