Completed SMQ Dry Awaiting draft.

Jess33

Lantern Swinger
Hi my son just completed dry phase! Very proud of him. There is now a bit of a delay for draft for wet phase. ? Going to Holland to work for a while. Can they commence SMQ wet phase whilst gaining experience in Holland - thanks in advance Jess

Jess33

Lantern Swinger
Does that take a while Barneyrnsm he is an ME there are WE and writers in his group who have got their drafts. Thanks again

It's just a case of waiting for a suitable space on a suitable boat...it'll happen, obviously sooner would be better. But tell him to enjoy his time in Holland whilst he can - make the most of it.

It just depends when a boat becomes availible. There's obviously no ME positions availible at the moment. He could ask his DO to ask his career manager if he/she knows when a position is likely to become availible.

Jess33

Lantern Swinger
He desperate to complete the process and get his dolphins it's all been quiet a fast pace until now. There are more places on v boats but he holding on for an a boat. But still Holland in the meantime

He desperate to complete the process and get his dolphins it's all been quiet a fast pace until now. There are more places on v boats but he holding on for an a boat. But still Holland in the meantime
If he has completed SMQ dry that will determine if he goes to a V or an A boat. The courses are totally different and as a non qual he would have to complete the relevant course. Its not a case of him holding out for either or.

Jess33

Lantern Swinger
He had done a boat training but some have moved over to v boats from training, once_a_skimmer he is just having to wait. I just wondered if anyone knew how long the wait normally is.