Completed SMQ Dry Awaiting draft.

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Jess33, Jan 13, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi my son just completed dry phase! Very proud of him. There is now a bit of a delay for draft for wet phase. ? Going to Holland to work for a while. Can they commence SMQ wet phase whilst gaining experience in Holland - thanks in advance Jess

2. He will start wet training once a boat is available.

3. Does that take a while Barneyrnsm he is an ME there are WE and writers in his group who have got their drafts. Thanks again

4. It's just a case of waiting for a suitable space on a suitable boat...it'll happen, obviously sooner would be better. But tell him to enjoy his time in Holland whilst he can - make the most of it.

5. It just depends when a boat becomes availible. There's obviously no ME positions availible at the moment. He could ask his DO to ask his career manager if he/she knows when a position is likely to become availible.

6. He desperate to complete the process and get his dolphins it's all been quiet a fast pace until now. There are more places on v boats but he holding on for an a boat. But still Holland in the meantime

7. If he has completed SMQ dry that will determine if he goes to a V or an A boat. The courses are totally different and as a non qual he would have to complete the relevant course. Its not a case of him holding out for either or.

8. He had done a boat training but some have moved over to v boats from training, once_a_skimmer he is just having to wait. I just wondered if anyone knew how long the wait normally is.

9. Basically, how longs a piece of string?

10. What Wrecker L says, a piece of string....