Competitions - December 2014

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Nov 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Currently there is a book competition running for copies of Saints of the Shadow Bible by Ian Ranking (click to go to entry) and still time to enter - runs until Sunday 1st December.

There will then be a competition for another crime thriller, this time set in south of England and involving booties and snipers and rehabilitation. very interesting and well researched by - review and competition up shortly. The book is
    Touching Distant by Graham Hurley and will run from this weekend until 8 December.

Following that will be another of the highly successful
    Pot Luck book competitions where I get the chance to empty my book shelves again. There will be at least 10 books on offer ranging from a Haynes OWM Desk Diary for 2014 to some frivolous stocking fillers. This competition will run 8-15 December and will probably be the last book competition of this year.

Now this brings us to a gap between the end of the last book competition and the start of the book comps for 2014; so the COs in their infinite stupidity sorry, generosity are going to be putting up ready cash for the
    Annual ARRSE/RumRation/Rear Party (I think they are still with us) Draw. There will be three cash prizes and the draw will take place once people have sobered up slightly following Christmas. Dates approx 16-26 Dec.

New this year and as a one-off to allow you to use your new
    iPad/Tablet from Santa, the COs (what guys eh?) are running a New Year competition for one of their Kosa3 Mk II Duvet Jackets. Good or what?! This competition will run from approx Boxing Day (ish) to 2nd January (ish).

Look out for details of each competition as it comes on to the site. All timings are determined by the state of sobriety and can-I-give-a-f*** attitude pervading at the time!
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm suprised that you haven't been on to Haynes for a copy of there handbook on the female.
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

For clarity the cash prizes will be in the form of Amazon Vouchers.

@ janner - the book you suggest has yet to be written and I believe that the print run of one would use all the paper resources in the world plus if put on the 'tinterweb would immediately crash the whole WWW.
  4. janner

I saw it at the Word in Yeovil yesterday, I'm off into Dorchester now and will see if that branch has it just to confirm that my eyes weren't deceiving me.
  5. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

'Ere tis, well this is the health volume anyway... The workings of a female mind is unlikely to go into print in this earths lifetime.

ImageUploadedByNavy Net - Rum Ration1385550604.069824.jpg

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  6. Surely the manual on the workings of the female mind would just be a blank sheet?
  7. Ageing_Gracefully

There are some very brave internet warriors on here. I bet you don't make these comments to your OH. Stand fast exJenny! :flower:
  8. I say it to Mrs Wrecks face A_G and can I take this opportunity to say the local NHS A&E unit do a marvellous job ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Only because your eyes are unable to read it ;)
  10. janner

Thats the one, they didin't have it in Dorchester.
  11. They don't have the printed word in Dorchester yet!
  12. I want the money and that Kosa jacket. I kind of destroyed my North Face jacket on some stupid road trip.
  13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

14. Surely this must be a working copy in progress never to be completed for such a complex creature?
    When no means yes
    And yes means no
    And you should know? When we haven't got a clue
    And don not get me a present that’s OK is a complete lie.

We just do not have a chance, you can learn Russian or Chinese but woman, no chance.
    My misses asked me did the dress make her look fat, how was I to know she did not want the truth, anther smack around the head.
    Did not someone have a go at the fun working manual and called it the Kama Sutra?
    And for those that read to many haynes manuals an eye test

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It is just about a woman's health not her mind... The complexities of that could never be put into print. Even with lots of pictures and little words, men just won't get it.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  16. With reference to a womens mind ExJ, it's not that easy to write a thesis on a vacuum, a vacuum cleaner maybe, but not an empty space ;)
  17. Its a design fault mate ... they are hard wired wrong!
  18. It is simple to get on with women as long as you realise they are different species
  19. Can't live with 'em! Can't live without 'em! We're all doomed!