COMPETITION - Haynes Manual : DC3 Dakota

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Oct 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Haynes have kindly offered 3 copies of this book as prizes in our latest book competition. The book is not only instructive, even to the point of explaining how to obtain your own DC3, but gives the history of the aircraft, especially as used by the RAF/Airborne Forces. I believe that it instructs you in how to change the oil filters – but not having read the book I cannot confirm that!!

The competition will run until Sunday 15th October at midday. All that is required is that the entry form is completed and answered correctly.

Dakota.jpg

First three winners out of the hat will get a copy of this book. It has been reviewed by Jim24 and can be found here.

As always ARRSE Book Competition rules numbers 1 and 2 will be in force; Rule 1 – Any decision by Auld Yin (Ageing Gracefully) is final. Rule 2 – In cases of dispute. Rule 1 applies.

ARRSE would like to put a disclaimer on this competition that anyone using the book to try and start any of the Dakotas now maintained at various Airborne Museums does so on their own initiative and ARRSE can’t be held responsible for their actions!

This is the first in a series of books kindly donated by HAYNES so look out for more competitions with workshop manuals over the next few months.

2. Ageing_Gracefully

Bump - 75 views but nowhere near 75 entries. have a go, it's free and a bit of fun. If the book is not to your taste, then a bit of Christmas Paper and there is a ready made prezzie!

3. Done hope google is still my friend:slow:

4. Ageing_Gracefully

janner - funneeee! :)

I will have to see if I have the time to search to see if you have the one correct answer from the 100 or so you posted!

Probably not!!!!!!!!!!!:slow:

5. Gave it ago, looks like a good book.

6. Ahh DC3's I made a model of one when I was a child, Bright silver it was. My little brother threw it out of the bedroom window. I cried for days... I loved that model.

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

If I haven't got it right with that answer, the question must be wrong

:pottytrain2:

8. Ageing_Gracefully

I refer you to Rules 1 & 2 in the original post on this thread! :evil3:

9. Ageing_Gracefully

Yes, of course you can!

Whether you will or not is in the hands of the Gods! :)

Time to get your entry in before the start of the England v France game,

10. Give it to SJRM, I can't seem to get my entry off the ground.

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Bugger the rules. The law of averages say I must win soon. :threaten:

12. I answered the survey. Hope I'm in with a chance :)

13. If you do win it could you donate it to SJRM. Iv'e bought a return air ticket to Sri Lanka from him, when he manages to fix up his fleabay purchase. :-D

14. Ageing_Gracefully

You had better hope you win also for when the a/c has to do an emergency landing and some tech skills are needed (i.e. sledgehammer application).

15. Question - once you get to sledge, does that mean that tried and tested engineering principle "need a bigger hammer" no longer apply?

Is that what the squawk box thingy by the pilot is for (getting instructions of course, not "get out the way we are coming in like it or not")?

16. Ageing_Gracefully

Well, you could always enter the competition and try to win a copy of the manual, thus supplying you with answers.

Alternately, you could always buy the book :)

17. Ageing_Gracefully

Competition closes on Sunday at midday, so plenty of time left to get your entry in.

18. Ageing_Gracefully

Last call for you underwater parachutists - the competition closes tomorrow at mid-day.

19. witsend

'Underwater parachutists'

You'll have to spell it out for me A_G.

20. witsend

Who's won A_G?

I'm like a junkie trying to cash his giro at five to nine.