Competition – kill switch

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Jul 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Here is your chance to read the story of Bill Shaw who was held for four months by the Afghan police on corruption charges. Have a look at old_fat_and_hairy’s review. Well worth a shot, easy (!) questions and again Google is your friend.

Kill Switch.jpg

Kill Switch​

To enter the competition go to the entry for on SurveyMonkey and answer the questions correctly to have a chance of winning this book. The questions are multi-choice questions, so take your time and make sure you understand the question. Remember Google (or search engine of your choice) is your friend.

Have a go; it should only take a couple of minutes of your time. The competition closes at mid-day (Arrse time) Sunday 17th July.

2. Ageing_Gracefully

Competition now closed and the answers are as follows:

Q1 What is the name of the prison that Bill Shaw was held in in Afghanistan?
    A1 = Pul-e-Charkhi (or variations of spelling)

Q2 Kill Switch is also known as 'Dead Man's Hand' in vehicles - What is a Kill Switch on a guitar known as?
    A2 = Stutter Switch

Q3 Bill Shaw finished his army career in the RMP, but what Regiment did he, briefly,join first?
    A3 = Royal Regiment of Fusiliers or RRF

There were 19 people with all three answers correct and I will be announcing the winners once they have been drawn by the publisher. Wait out!

3. Ageing_Gracefully

Apologies for not posting this at the time and I have been suitably chastised! :)

OK folks, the winners have been selected by the publishers 'Headline' , who have kindly donated the prizes. The winers are:

denzh
    Mrs M
    andy_capp
    joker62
    fang_farrier

Well done to you all.

4. Second win :-D Google is indeed my friend. Book already arrived many thanks