COMPETITION – FIRE STRIKE 7/9 by Sgt Paul ‘Bommer’ Grahame & Damien Lewis

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Jun 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Another great competition with the chance to win one of five copies of this book by Sgt 'Bommer' Grahame of The Light Dragoons.

Go to the survey and fill in the entry form, correct completion of which will give you a chance tio win a copy of the book.

The competition will run to 2 July 2011 and winners will be announced as quickly as possible after that.

Have a read at the review by A2_Matelot here to get a flavour for the book.

Fire Strike.jpg

Fire Strike 7/9 by Sgt “Bommer’ Grahame and Damien Lewis[/CENTER]
  2. Ageing_Gracefully

Weekend bump. Short run on this competition - finishes up 2/7/11.

Still plenty of time to get your entry in though.
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

Winners - Fire Strike 7/9

Thanks to all those who took part and congratulations to the winners. One of the questions was a bit tricky Q2 What was the British JTAC's callsign when on operations in Afghanistan. Well the answer was "Widow". However, the MoD did not like having Widow as the name of the book so made the authors & publishers change it to Fire Strike. Sneaky eh?!!

Only 3 people had this part correct (along with the other two parts) so books are going to
    You 3 can now big it up and have bragging rights!

However, there are 5 books to give away so the nice people at FLINT Marketing allowed 2 more to come from those who said Fire Strike and got the other two parts right. The 2 drawn from that group are:

The answers are:
    Q1 What does JTAC stand for? Answer: Joint Terminal Attack Controller
    Q2 What is the callsign British JTACs used in Afghanistan Answer : Widow (accepted Fire Strike)
    Q3 What do the names "Spectre" and "Spooky" refer to in terms of aircraft that JTAC can call in to do airstrikes? Answer : C130

I will email the winners or they can PM me their name and address and I will get the books sent out.
  4. Firestrike?

I don't need to read a book about it, I was ******* there shippers. Fresco 02, we lost a lot of good men.
  5. Ageing_Gracefully

There, finished it for you - no need to thank me :)
  6. Clearly that is what I meant.

Oh and to the Playstation 2 which I believe was the gamestation of choice back then.