Compensation! what is wrong with this picture!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by toycommandos, Sep 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could she really get 400k?????????

2. yet a Royal losing an arm and a leg to an IED gfets less than half that. it makes my f*cking blood boil. Ba*tards. :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel:

3. Sorry, off subject, but A.A.T what's that sh*t on your avatar?

Proud To Be An Arab!!! =)

4. looks like a sofa company to me :thumright:

5. The MoD should reward her with a rather large cucumber and f off letter. :threaten:

6. this is a pi*s take unfair by any standards whats the country coming to ...

7. All I get is a bingo advert, but if you're stupid enough to believe any out-of-context gibberish you see in that rag you really should get a grip.

8. Just spluttered wine all over the keyboard :pukel:
    cheers johne. BZ :thumright:

2BM

9. Is there any justice in this world? How can this be right?

SM

:nemo:

10. If I was the judge I would tell her to go feck off if you can't stand the heat stop being a fecking lezzie you cucumber loving prat.

They only invented the burpless cucumber because the lezzies where complaining that the cucumbers where repeating on them later.

11. Devils advocate here:
    She is asking for £400K compo, that's not what she will necessarily get or deserve!
    I agree she was "harassed" during her service (that much was decided by a court), but the compo should NEVER be greater than that given to a wounded service person.
    However, put yourself in her shoes, you are a minority person (whether through sexuality, colour, disability etc) and you are put in a situation that your preference/condition puts you at a disadvantage, and someone above you uses that to their advantage, would you feel aggrieved? Wouldn't you want some sort of recompense?
    I don't think she should get £400K, she can still work unlike a service man/woman who has lost limbs, or is traumatised due to what they've seen. Yes, we have to compensate her for the "abuse" she suffered, but let's be real about it, give her £35K and tell her to get on with her life........

12. What it boils down to is that she wants recompense for her hurt feelings.
    As to this "minority" shoite, someone somewhere will always try to use you for their advantage, be it claiming credit for your work or something else.
    It's purely because she's a lezzer, and homosexuals are the flavour of the "financial compensation" month!

13. Well she is the best looking ''Snap-on-tools'' I have seen, I used to work at York Uni and ALL the lezzers were overweight munters and smoked pipes.

14. the crest of the mighty Dee ; shit? how can you be so rude. LOL

twapehsaplenbridieananinginaneanaanehltakatellytae.

15. We could start a thread about you bad speaking Dundonians

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..............

16. And those are the more feminine ones....... :thumright:

17. I can see that you didn't listen to BBC Radio 4's Sunday this morning. Padre Sharp appeared seeking compensation from the CoE for bullying, etc. He played up the damage it was having on his wife and children. Will he get another £30K one wonders? :roll:

PS: The Sun's presentation of facts has never been its strong point, so perhaps we need to find out what actually took place. That said I neither expect her to get anything like £400K damages nor in any event think she deserves it. When I was bullied by an colleague my employer told me I could always leave, then it would stop. She could do the same.

18. I suspect we're only getting part of the story.

The article only sites one harrassment 'event' - the threesome comment. That cannot be worth £400K - think how many throw-away comments similar to that you hear every day on board to fatties, gingers, baldies and WEs.