Companies calling you.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by jjp23, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the request of more people starting topics...

Do companies that call you up annoy anyone else?

I got a call this week from a company who said before we could continue they would need to ask some security questions so they know who i am.

Hang on i thought you called me, so my reply was 'Ok but after i would like you to prove you are who you say you are and answer my security questions.' This confused the poor girl at the end of the phone and our brief encounter was postponed.

Anyway i don't mind when i have called them but do not ring me and then ask me to prove who i am!

Also, you tell a company you work in the day and can not answer the phone in working hours and you guessed it, they ring you when you can't answer! They try to sell you shite you don't need and will never need and ask you to do questionnaires, so you humor them give daft answers and they get p*ssed off.

And my careers advisor had the cheek to phone me while i was at work to tell me my joining date, how dare he!!! :wink:

2. Use the answerphone. If it's someone you want to talk to just pick up. What really gets up my snort mast recently is these automated calls that ask me if I have any debt...cnuts the lot of them

3. i used to work in a call centre before i joined up and the people who were aggresive and stuff when you rang them got put on a special list which meant they would be called at least 5 times a day for a week
    now i am that person and i fcuking hate call centre workers

4. I answer....'Asked and answered' repeatedly and they soon get the message.

5. does anyone get the one that goes, hello Jane here have had a loan in the last two you could be entitled to money back. I get this about 4 times a day really grinds my gears. :twisted: :twisted:

6. Have you paid your phone bill yet. No! This is BT we are now phoning instead of sending out a red letter. If you give me your bank details or credit card details you can pay now!!

Do you honestly think I am going to give you my banking details over the phone. He was very polite and understanding. It was and is a scam.

If in doubt say nowt and tell them to go away. The background music is best all the busy people answering calls this must be a gen busy firm. Bollocks!!

The latest is the card pushed through the door we have a parcel phone this number to make arrangments for delivery. It costs fifteen quid soon as you phone.

7. Sign up here.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

MPS stops (most) unwanted mail.

TPS stops cold callers

It should be noted that the calls and/or post do take a while to tail off.

Peebs

8. These d!cks called my grand mother once, and being 83 and not in the best of health, she believed them. Luckily she mentioned it to us very soon after, and we called the bank, but they then sold on her phone number and details, and we had to get her number changed and made ex-directory. It really unsettled her! If I ever got my hands on them I'd kill them very slowly!

9. Ask them for their home number so you can ring them when they are not at work. One jock twat gave me his once but he hung up before i could get a pen

10. Pick up the phone to a pre recorded message...

'Have you had an accident in the last' Hang up!

F*CK OFF!

11. I love that video! Cracks me up every time!

12. TPS used to be good but since the advent of the prerecorded call and the use of overseas call centres being signed up is not as effective as it used to be.

Mind you one of the worst was BT whom I pay line rental but nothing else too. They used to phone me once a month to try and get me to 'come back'. Because you are a customer TPS does not apply, but I think they have got the message that there is no chance of me responding positively to their calls.

13. TPS used to be good but since the advent of the prerecorded call and the use of overseas call centres being signed up is not as effective as it used to be.

Mind you one of the worst was BT whom I pay line rental but nothing else too. They used to phone me once a month to try and get me to 'come back'. Because you are a customer TPS does not apply, but I think they have got the message that there is no chance of me responding positively to their calls.

14. Why Maxi, was the youtube link above you?

15. Did you tell them twice then Maxi? :)

16. Brilliant!!

Reminds me of the time when the Jehovas Witness crowd called me with the mouth[wife calls me Victor]after a while they said sorry we have to go now!!

17. Just tell them that you like their voice and it's making you hard. This, in conjunction with childish wanking noises and telling them you love them and want to know where they live ensures they never call again.

18. I normally find that

"yes, I am interested in your product" but just before we go through that. Does god play an important roll in you life?" and are you familiar with the scriptures ?" disarms them and from then on in, it's childsplay.