Comp - Betrayal: Capt Robert Nairac GC

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Nov 19, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

We have been offered two copies of this book, signed by the author, for use in this competition. The competition can be entered through Survey Monkey as normal: Survey Monkey Form

This will will run until Sunday 29th November, around about midday (ish). Well worth a go if you want a detailed book about one of the murkier parts of Op BANNER.

The book has been reviewed on ARRSE and the review can be found by clicking the link below.

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm in

3. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm in

4. I'm yer man so I am

5. didded it

6. It's as well he didn't survive or he'd be up in front of a NI Judge for misconduct.

7. Ageing_Gracefully

Sadly, you are probably not wrong. However he may have moved up to the dizziest of heights and had the full panoply of the Establishment around him!!

8. It would have been heart-warming to think that, had he survived, he might have moved up to the higher echelons of government esteem.
    He didn't stand a chance as he was a Colonial, born in Africa in 1948. Like his brave Rhodesian and other Colonial counterparts-- he would have been derided.
    The Government wanted no more to do with him so they assuaged their conscience and awarded him a posthumous George Cross. They should hang their heads in shame.

9. Init to winit

10. Ageing_Gracefully

The time has come that you have all been waiting for, the notification of winners and answers.

Anyway, the winners are:

@brianjenglish and @pands78 - emails are winging their way to them for their details.

This has been the most popular competition of the year with entries well exceeding the norm, so maybe people should go out and buy the book, it is a cracker.

Answers:

Q1 The GOC When the Troubles started was General Freeland

Q2 The Operation to take back so called no-go areas was Op MOTORMAN

Q3 The Good Friday Agreement was finally agreed and implemented by UK and Eire on 2 December 1999. The other dates referred to the vote and release of the result. Implementation took a bit of negotiation after that and was jointly done on 2 Dec 99.

11. May be this was seen as a way to boost ones Christmas prezzies, some call it re-gifting??;)

• Like Like x 1