Communism

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by bob-the-sock-1, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im joining the RN soon but wonder if they still have the cold war era questions like have you ever been a communist. I am so will i be rejected or if not will i get victimized?

2. Not another one.

3. Why would a communist want to join a democratic country's armed forces?

I also assume you mean you WANT to join, if you were already joining you would have passed all the interviews and know the answer to your own question.

Edited to add he seems to have posted the question and then fcuked off. It's spooky because as I was typing this "Children of the Revolution" by TRex was playing on the radio 8O

4. Maybe you could go CT? Do they still teach Russian, or would that go against your principles, komrade?

пениÑ

5. First of all by its very nature, True communism IS a democratic system of government. And to anyone who will or has taken the piss out of my political views just stop and think. Isnt it rather "un-democratic" to not let people talk freely without fear of persecution.

P.S. to whoever wrote penis in their response in russian i found this rather humerous as is was a waste of your time. i am fluent in 5 languages including russian so there!

6. I don't actually remember if I was asked specifically about being a member of the Communist Party or anything political, perhaps I ticked it off on the STC secuity form?

Bob-the-sock. It's not something you should worry about (if you are sincere in your questioning that is) unless you have some skeletons in your closet...

Comm.

7. Is there an example of true communism ever working?

8. yes and no. on a large scale true communism has never worked for the simple reason that no-one has tried it before. Stalin followed a policy of dictatorship unlike lenin who followed marxs' words more closely. However in many small villages and tribes all over the world and even some larger settlements they have used communism succesfully for in excess of 100 years.

9. English not one of them then? :lol:

10. sorry about my poor grammar and spelling

11. That's fantastic - If you're so great why don't you do something else rather join the mob. Maybe KGB are on the look out for new recruits, I hear Moscow is very cold this time of year...

гомоÑекÑуально урод

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site, a belting first question.

We never had cold war era questions regarding policical beliefs at interview however we do undertake security checks with regard espionage, terrorism, sabotage, political activities or membership of political parties wishing to undermine democracy together with similar background checks on members of your family.

If you have communist beliefs but have done nothing about them, we couldn't care less - but the tip is don't bother boring your messmates with ideological beliefs as a punch in the bracket often offends. :wink:

Good luck.

14. Fcuking Reds. Where are they all coming from?

16. @TheLa personally i wouldn't celebrate his death in the same way you probably wouldn't celebrate the death of any of the leading capitalist economists such as adam smith. If its alright with you i will leave the tributes to his family and not celebrate someone i didn't even know.

17. and stop being so sarcastic

18. Only communists I ran into. Deliberately of course!! Flower power dirty smelly lazy barstewards in peace camps drawing dole!!

19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

What Uni are you at Bob?

20. I am not at university. Im still at college. Why do you ask?