Communications Technician?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by KeiranEmond, Nov 5, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, so I passed my RT today. I had applied for the RN as a warfare spec, as I'm kind of unsure what I'd like to do. After passing the RT my advisor suggested that warfare spec may not be the best for me, she suggested I look in the analotical side of a Comms Tech. I was just wondering if anyone had an experience as a comms tech or could give me a greater understanding of what the job involves? Cheers

2. You won't get too much of a detailed description on an open forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No, I figured not but still, any info I can get to help me decide will be awesome

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Use the search function. Your questions have been asked before.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

5. exJenny

You'll still not find out much though.

6. Communications Technician (CT) is a great job. It is of necessity a bit secretive, but you can expect to carry out XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and of course XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!! Then you'lll be expected to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXX . However, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Hope this helps

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. exJenny

Ffs SB you've said far too much.

8. You forgot zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzz and off watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ahha! Cheers for the giggle Sonar! I've had a read through the basic information I can find on here and the RN website itself, from what I gather it seems like it's right down my alley, I'll have a chat with my AFCO and see what she says, I'll probably end up going CT

10. First rule of CT is PERSEC Keiran old chap !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. I shall bare that in mind! *goes on wild hunt across the inter-web to remove self from as many databases as possible*

12. Oooops! sorry...........

13. I'm getting a little "MI6 twinge" here... my inner child is loving it!

14. exJenny

Don't start with that Morse shoite either!

15. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Nudity won't help.

( That's the second time I've used that).

AAAAAALLLLLLAAAAARRRRRM!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seadog

Not sure how I rated one of 007 desig's posts 'funny'. Fat fingers, gin, stupidity may all play their part. Promptly unrated.

Kieran, being a CT may be interesting and fulfilling but I've never considered it exciting. Even if it is, it's not as if you can brag about it otherwise you'll be sharing a cell with Snowden, Manning and Assange once they are all together.
    It's a bit like being the 'doc' on a ship. You can't share your day's work with your mess mates at secure. It's sort of frowned upon.

However I am not a CT.

17. WHAT???????? You mean you have never left the sickbay after a 'confidential' meeting, only to be greeted on your return to the mess/bunrun (delete as appropriate) with a mug identified by black maskers for your use only and gales of laughter?

However, I was nearly a CT.

18. Yea I understand the work won't be something I can shout about, I like to think I'm not much of a "bragger" anyway... as for finding it intresting, from what little information I've got on the subject, it does seem like something I'd personally find intresting... but I suppose whatever floats your boat...

19. That was a totaly unintentional Naval pun, just so you know!

20. Seadog

What was?