Communications Apprenticeship Interview

Hi all, not really found what im looking for so wondered if anyone can help.

Is anyone having a comms interview this month im having mine on the 23rd and obviously very nervous. I was let down by the navy for having a medical condition that i can join the rfa with.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips to help me with my interview?

For a start, do not come out with the line "the navy let me down"!! Without knowing your medical condition or wanting to, have you thought that it may be easier to evac someone from an RFA than a pussers war canoe or sleek black messenger of death? Hence the different requirements.

Be yourself, do not bullshit. Check out the Navy News on current deployments, ship and submarine types and roles.
There are probably a few forums on here that already go into interview questions and maybe even comms. Just have a look round the site and something should appear to help you.

Failing that there is always our Ninja Stoker to help!

Good luck.

To answer your question i know what my medical reason is. i just dont feel like its appropriate for me to share that medical condition. Its a condition that i had a long time ago that stopped me getting in.

Thanks for your help.

Research the role, have a good general idea about the RFA, ships, size, where in the world they operate, what they do.

All that's just a small part of the interview, at least for seaman apprentice. I felt the main part of it was about me.

Be prepared for questions like;
- Why the RFA? (Hint: Medically unsuitable for the Navy isn't a good answer, but be honest - you can mention it, but there are lots of reasons to prefer serving in the RFA over the RN.)
- How will you cope with long periods away from home?
- Situations where you've worked as part of team?
- What makes a good team player?

Basic interview stuff really. Know the job, training, pay, conditions, your skills, experience and personality and how they relate to the job and a life at sea. Be honest and if you don't know something, just say so (But try to know as much as you can! :))

Good luck.

To answer your question i know what my medical reason is. i just dont feel like its appropriate for me to share that medical condition. Its a condition that i had a long time ago that stopped me getting in.

Thanks for your help.
Then you weren't "let down by the navy", you just failed the medical is all.