Communications Apprentice training Aug 2016 - Who's going?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Knightsrum, Jul 29, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

This thread is for all of us comms apprentices who are starting training at HMS Collingwood on the 28th of August. I figure it could be useful to get to know each other before the hard work begins.

Cheers all

2. "Before the hard work"? I thought you said you were joining as a bunting tosser!!!!!:D:D:D:D

3. Well, as close to hard work that buntings can get. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi, I'll be there. Well chuffed to have gotten through and can't wait to start.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the accommodation at Collingwood is like? I've heard both that you get your own room and it's a shared dormitory from different people. It's something I'd like to clear up so I can sort out what to bring.

5. What I have searched online mostly about accommodations at HMS raleigh sure going to be similar for Collinwood. What I know it is like a basic dormitory so have your own bedroom but you share other facilities in the dorm. You should had a joining letter/email by now telling you what they are going to provide for you.I am sure you can use common sense to figure out what your personal kit is.

6. No letter or email like that yet, just my contract, id card, and dog tags. If it doesn't turn up this week I'll give them a call. But yeah, got a decent idea of what I'll need anyway.

7. Hi guys I got the email for the joining instructions. The accom is single cabins with a shared TV room, heads and a kitchen. The only kit you will be issued is your uniform and bedding. Towels and civi clothes should be taken with us. I look forward to seeing you all there.

8. hey guys im a phase just compleaed my phase 1 an sea time if you have any question fl free to pm me also ill see you down there as I joing on the 29th for phase 2

9. As a dyslexic person,I would be a hypocrite to make fun of someone else's spelling and grammar but I think it's kind of important things to have for your job.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I have been on ship and one the job and didn't have any trouble so thanks for the concern but im fine