Communications advice?

My brother is thinking about singing up after he finishes uni this year and asked me to ask for a bit of help/advice. He wants to join as an officer and his interests lie in linguistics and languages. After searching
he can't seem to finds what roles would suit this. Is there an officer on a ship in charge of CIS for example? Or is he better joining as a rate into CIS? Or are there any other branches which he could use languages in? Thanks

My brother is thinking about singing up after he finishes uni this year and asked me to ask for a bit of help/advice. He wants to join as an officer and his interests lie in linguistics and languages. After searching
he can't seem to finds what roles would suit this. Is there an officer on a ship in charge of CIS for example? Or is he better joining as a rate into CIS? Or are there any other branches which he could use languages in? Thanks

Is he a soprano or a tenor?

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
Comms Tech to make use of his linguistic skills or Plain old Comms branch, Most ships have a Comms officer but it doesn't necessarily mean they are a dedicated officer of comms

Communications Technician| Royal Navy

Royal Navy | Royal Navy

Good Luck