Comms Technician

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by RDH376, Jan 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else here waiting to go in as a Comms Tech?

Passed my RT in June last year and i've been given estimates of Feb or Oct 2014 as the earliest dates.

Don't mind waiting though, looking to learn Spanish by the time i go in. Obviously won't be as useful as the Arabic languages but got to start somewhere :razz:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. I've got my start date this October for Communications Technician and cannot wait! I'm learning Ukrainian at the moment though that's just for fun.
  3. Nice! How long you been waiting?

My AFCO says that he has had issues recruiting CT's recently because the last few have given up waiting and stuck with their Civvy jobs when offered an entry date. Lot to throw away
  4. Oh god know how long, probably a couple of years at least. Yea I can imagine a lot of people getting sick of waiting but it's worth it I think!
  5. Yea sounds like an great career. Good luck on the start date :thumbup:
  6. Cheers, seriously cannot wait. Hope you get in soon too.
  7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

That Ukrainian is ******* hilarious!
  8. Ukraine is renowned for their comedians just as much as their nuclear catastrophes and big ass aircraft don't you know!
  9. The CT branch hasn't trained Arabic speakers for years, and Spanish speakers are very few & far between! Drop me a PM if you have any queries about the branch.