Comms Apprentice. Second application failed during paper sift.

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Jay881, Feb 19, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Tags:
  1. I first applied for the RFA as a Comms Apprentice when I was just turning 19 and failed for a low RT score (3 maths points). I then spent the next year studying all aspects, but mainly focusing on maths so I wouldn't fail my RT the second time.

After applying again last August with what I thought was a great application including reasoning why I wanted to joint the RFA, I passed my RT and got told I had been put through for the paper sift.

Today I received a letter from the RFA telling me that I didn't make it through the sift and have not been selected for interview. I'm now 21 and this whole rig-moral is starting to become degrading as it's been the focus of my life for the past 3 years. I hold all the relevant qualifications (and more), have experience of the working world and advanced technology so I'm really not sure why I'm not at least getting an interview?

Can I appeal against their decision?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm no expert on RFA recruiting but I'd be interested to hear how you know you are a more viable candidate than those forwarded for interview, which would presumably the basis of an appeal.

• Like Like x 2
  3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You might have passed the RT minimum required but if there is a high number of applicants it is likely they've taken through those with the highest RT scores.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I sense a trend for those who fail to gain employment in the public sector to get the hump/sue/complain/involve MP etc in a way they would never dream of if the private sector fcuked them off.

• Like Like x 2