Commonwealth Application Proccess

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
Hi,
Am a commonwealth applicant and i have been given the go ahead to apply for a visa to the UK, now my question is am i going to do the face to face medical, interview,RT test and Pjft and go back to my home country or i will be doing my PRNC too.reason why am asking is i have to state how long i will be staying in London in my visa application. The overseas desk is too busy and would appreciate any help here.
Pls note i have used the search buttom and it helped but not with this.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Hi,
Am a commonwealth applicant and i have been given the go ahead to apply for a visa to the UK, now my question is am i going to do the face to face medical, interview,RT test and Pjft and go back to my home country or i will be doing my PRNC too.reason why am asking is i have to state how long i will be staying in London in my visa application. The overseas desk is too busy and would appreciate any help here.
Pls note i have used the search buttom and it helped but not with this.
Try AFCO. If only we still had a resident 'Font of all Knowledge' :(:( @Ninja_Stoker

Mateo254

Hi all, am also a commonwealth applying from kenya. I received an email on 1st march with a confirmation that they've received my application( logistics branch). My question is how long is it going to take in order for me to do the NSRT? And will it be in kenya? Any help will be much appreciated thank you

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
Hi all, am also a commonwealth applying from kenya. I received an email on 1st march with a confirmation that they've received my application( logistics branch). My question is how long is it going to take in order for me to do the NSRT? And will it be in kenya? Any help will be much appreciated thank you
Hi
Welcome bro,

There are over 2500 applicants and so am not sure how long it will take you to get to the NSRT point.i started application in November and not at that point yet.
And the NSRT is done in UK not kenya.

Mateo254

Thanks bro,
How did they communcate to you? Rather how did you get the information for a visa application go ahead?
So many questions but please i need help.

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
Thanks bro,
How did they communcate to you? Rather how did you get the information for a visa application go ahead?
So many questions but please i need help.

At a point in your application, if you pass your medical triage call,you will be given the go ahead to apply for a visa to the UK(No invites from the Royal Navy/Marine) to continue your recruitment process.
Communication is mainly by e-mail and sometimes phone calls.hope this answers your question

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
Yes it has. Thanks
One last thing where did your medical triage take place? And have you already taken your NSRT?

Ok let me take you through the commonwealth process.
You will now be passed on to the overseas desk who will send you a list of things they need from you and some forms to fill and send back via post.
If you pass that stage,you will be booked to have a triage call with a nurse on phone.
If you are successful, you will then be given the go ahead to travel to Uk for the RSRT,face to face medical, interview and Pjft.
Hope you know you have to be very fit before you plan on going to the UK to avoid wasting your time and money and also the Royal Navy's.

Mateo254

Yes. I am doing my best now especially the sit ups test which is very challenging to me.
The rest i am good with them

I am from South Africa, I applied online for ETME and then got all the documents emailed to me to fill in in November 2018, this email did take a while to arrive. Along with filling in all the paperwork, I did my eye test in South Africa. I couriered my application documents to London AFCO. I was then booked for a Medical Triage phone call which is quick and simple as long as you have all your medical history info on hand. I received an email stating that I had passed my triage call and now ready to proceed. I then applied for a 6 month visa to the UK of which I received today and informed the AFCO via email and call him to ensure he has my info. Here I am now awaiting a date I will need to be in the UK to complete the process. The entire application is at your own cost. (to the best of my knowledge)

I have been told by the AFCO that more than 4000 applications have been sent through and they are overwhelmingly busy. Patients is required, I am not patient yet had to be, was told off by AFCO for being annoying.

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
I am from South Africa, I applied online for ETME and then got all the documents emailed to me to fill in in November 2018, this email did take a while to arrive. Along with filling in all the paperwork, I did my eye test in South Africa. I couriered my application documents to London AFCO. I was then booked for a Medical Triage phone call which is quick and simple as long as you have all your medical history info on hand. I received an email stating that I had passed my triage call and now ready to proceed. I then applied for a 6 month visa to the UK of which I received today and informed the AFCO via email and call him to ensure he has my info. Here I am now awaiting a date I will need to be in the UK to complete the process. The entire application is at your own cost. (to the best of my knowledge)

I have been told by the AFCO that more than 4000 applications have been sent through and they are overwhelmingly busy. Patients is required, I am not patient yet had to be, was told off by AFCO for being annoying.

It’s well bro. Just give them some time.

Latest Threads