commitment bonus

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by andz87, Jun 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. waiting for my 5 year payment. how long does it take to go into your bank account? with jpa shouldnt it be almost instantanious?

cheers

2. Depends when it was submitted and then actioned. If it was after the main pay run (ask your UPO) it should appear in the following month as a separate payment.

JPA isn't an instantaneous thing, as much as we'd love it to be.

3. Check that its gone through as well. Took the idiots in my UPO 6 months to finally realise they had lost the paperwork and a writer I knew 5 minutes to fill in the form, fax it to Glasgow and I got the payment that month.

4. Admittedly, sometimes we do suck.

Easy way to check is to go to JPA Self Service Employee then look for the Commitment Bonus bit (about 13th one down), open that up and you'll see if it's been actioned. If it's blank, print it off and go and see your local scribes. Be nice and polite though.

5. Are you sure you didn't just flash them up?

There is nothing more dangerous than a writer scorned......

6. Most writers function on biscuits, so it could be a lack of that.

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

What variety enables you to perform your job, does it work on a sliding scale?

A packet of classic's wins a bonus, whereas rich tea is 50/50 on a duty journey?

8. I find maryland cookies get me what I want with the UPO staff. That and getting them leathered ashore.

9. Dont really think I flashed her up, I think I just got left with the retarded one that day. Probably should have guessed she wouldnt have done anything with the form seen as she was to busy on Facebook on her phone!

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I heard for a nosh you win an increment level and a duty trip.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  11. It would seem so wits.

12. Maryland Cookies are the Holy Grail for Writers - a pack of those work wonders.