Commitment bonus to join RNR?

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Peach, Nov 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

not sure if this is the right place but..

On the most recent payslip it has a note about a commitment bonus to join RNR, I just wondered if anyone can shed any light on this? I had a gander in the RNR section and that points out a DIN, and the note on JPA says ask the career manager for details but I'm on belated summer leave at the minute so can do neither!

Thanks!

2. I believe this may refer to the £200 that is offered to people when they get someone to join and they pass Raleigh?

3. No, I'm well aware of 'stitch a mate', it's more aimed at people going outside, trying to get them to join the RNR with a bonus..

4. mmm, no idea mate. About time though. At the very least there should be a couple of hours or so in the resettlement package about it.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

What's the DIN?

I can find one for Regular Army to Army Reserves (£5K over 4 years - whoopy-do), but not sure if it's the same.

6. The DIN on the RNR thread is 2013DIN01-164, just don't have access at the minute or know if that actually says anything about it

7. Just had a look at the DIN and it mentions no gratuity in it, just the process for joining the Maritime Reserves.