Commitment Bonus (Commissioned) Question

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Harry Von Loafstone, Nov 26, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I'm after some advice please (PSF/UPO have taken the rest of the week off). I joined the RN on Dec 6th 2009 as an AET and was later picked up for a commission and subsequently joined BRNC in February 2014. I obtained my commission on Dec 18th 2014, 5 years and 12 days after the day I joined Raleigh. On Dec 6th 2014, I had done exactly 5 years service, but I was told on joining BRNC that I was no longer eligible for my commitment bonus as it is for non-commisioned personnel only. I technically wasn't commissioned until 12 days after my 5 year point, so am I technically retrospectively eligible for my 5 year bonus? I've had a read of JSP 754 but there is no mention of Officers Commissioned From the Ranks in there.

Hopeful that someone can give me some good news!

Cheers all.

Loafstone

2. I'm sure that some bitter and twisted (old) ex matlot will be along in a minute to give you a completly useless answer. To your everlasting delight, they will bang on about how it was much better/harder in my day; your bonus will be undeserved as the "Orficer" class don't deserve a commitment bonus as all your promation was on the back of the oppressed proletariat

• Like Like x 2
  3. Well I is ere!.
    Well done to you in progressing so well in the RN, I am sure that life as an occifer will be far more rewarding in the long term than that of a rating.
    Remember that in the navy nobody dips out, you just have not dipped in:(
    However keep chasing the bstrds for the payment, better in your pocket than the governments:D

4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They don't have to, you have done it already! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I remembered my Dii password today.

• Like Like x 1
  6. At your age, that's quite impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shame Dii is going next year NS, got to start all over again now :)

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not a problem. I'll have forgotten how to spell Dii tomorrow ;)