Commisioned officer swords

Look around the surplus and collectors dealers .

Royal Navy swords are available at about £150--- they won't have the ER11 crown on them but they are adequate for ceremonial use.
The added expense is the sword belt and hanger straps .



:nemo: :nemo:
 

lukep

War Hero
Had a company OC once, typical officer he was fcuking smug cnut with arms like Irish Penance. We were doing a weeks drill in prep for London Duties, He was there in the grots big timing it to us young lads polishing his Sam Brown and in his best Earl of fcukwit posh accent he explained to us that in times of war an officer is entitled to take his sword into battle. All i can remember was thinking YEAH right knobhead i would like to see you try! As the lads willingly give you to the taliban and watch the cnuts gleefully disembowel you with it. Yet another wank3r i so fondly remember from the comissioned ranks.
 

Sentenashi

War Hero
GPZ_pilot said:
Lol, d.w about it Sentenashi.

btw - its Ensure not Insure - insure is to insure a car or house - Ensure is to make sure it is authentic.
I know, I remembered typing that last night, I was so damn tired.
 
Greenie said:
Look around the surplus and collectors dealers .

Royal Navy swords are available at about £150--- they won't have the ER11 crown on them but they are adequate for ceremonial use.
The added expense is the sword belt and hanger straps .



:nemo: :nemo:
I suspect there will be plenty of ones with Queenies crown on them she has been on the throne since 52, though many do prefer to have an older one.
 
You can buy swords whilst at Dartmouth, there are leaflets all over the place with various suppliers, however expect to pay in excess of £750 for a decent one (you can get them on E-Bay for a lot cheaper but you get what you pay for). Quite a few people on my intake at Dartmouth brought one but then maybe we where quite 'sad' at taking pride in being entitled to carry one.
 
Gonetothedarkside said:
You can buy swords whilst at Dartmouth, there are leaflets all over the place with various suppliers, however expect to pay in excess of £750 for a decent one (you can get them on E-Bay for a lot cheaper but you get what you pay for). Quite a few people on my intake at Dartmouth brought one but then maybe we where quite 'sad' at taking pride in being entitled to carry one.
Don't knock it, I've still go mine and that dates back to my passing out some 40 years ago.
 
Gonetothedarkside said:
You can buy swords whilst at Dartmouth, there are leaflets all over the place with various suppliers, however expect to pay in excess of £750 for a decent one (you can get them on E-Bay for a lot cheaper but you get what you pay for). Quite a few people on my intake at Dartmouth brought one but then maybe we where quite 'sad' at taking pride in being entitled to carry one.
Don't knock it, I've still go mine and that dates back to my passing out some 40 years ago.
 
M77 I wasn't knocking it at all, it took me a long time and a lot of hard graft to earn the right to carry that Sword so I carry it and own it with pride, unfortunately in this jaded age in which we live some people would call me sad for having that pride.

That said, a class of SUYs waving swords around on the parade ground at Dartmouth is quite a sight to behold.
 

slim

War Hero
Gonetothedarkside said:
M77 I wasn't knocking it at all, it took me a long time and a lot of hard graft to earn the right to carry that Sword so I carry it and own it with pride, unfortunately in this jaded age in which we live some people would call me sad for having that pride.

That said, a class of SUYs waving swords around on the parade ground at Dartmouth is quite a sight to behold.
As an old and bold retired POREL(A) I would consider it an honour to buy any of my grandchildren their sword if they decided on an naval career. :thumright:
 

slim

War Hero
buggerit84 said:
Fancy being my honourary grandfather Slim? ;)
Nice one never hurts to ask :thumright: However I need to save the reddy's in case one of my own decides to apply. Worth trying it on with your own Gramps though, try to make him think that it's his idea :w00t:
 
slim said:
Maxi_77 said:
My then fiancee, now ex bought mine for me, so that is another avenue worth following.
So then Maxi, another kept man :w00t:
No I kept her until she came to the strange conclusion I was worth more to her as a divorcee. Of course after a few years of freedom I went and bought anothe Mrs Maxi, some of us never learn.
 

buggerit84

Lantern Swinger
Well my father's father is ex FAA, however he passed on a few years back and never knew my other one. My father on the other hand.....although he is an ex-crab so might take some persuading!

And unfortunately the new (maybe) better half of buggerit is a student and will be for a few years....law though, so there's always the hope of being a kept man in the future!
 

Latest Threads

Top