Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

ComMarRes (Keep R talk to here)

Just to add fuel to the fire.....have recieved new id pass.....it does only say Royal navy at the top but with my rank (lowest of the low AB) it does have in Brackets (RNR) so we aint losing it just yet......there is now an exiry date as well which I didn't have before :?

jesse650 said:
Just to add fuel to the fire.....have recieved new id pass.....it does only say Royal navy at the top but with my rank (lowest of the low AB) it does have in Brackets (RNR) so we aint losing it just yet......there is now an exiry date as well which I didn't have before :?

Hmm, its changed again then. My ID Card says Royal Naval Reserve, but the only two dates are my date of birth and the date of the photo. My previous ID card had an expiry date but I was told these were being dropped due to costs!

This hasn't been stirred for over a month so I thought I would be a bit impish and ask if anyone has an update on the 'R'

Not holding my breath - far too risky when so many other important decisions are being taken, like ..............

dubaipusser said:
This hasn't been stirred for over a month so I thought I would be a bit impish and ask if anyone has an update on the 'R'

Not holding my breath - far too risky when so many other important decisions are being taken, like ..............
............who's going to be the next COMARES?

No news, because as usual COMMARES lack the collective spine required to make a decision.
Heaven help us if we need to decide on something important

Now there's a thought - it is possibly being held back as a 'sign off' by the outgoing ComMarRes ........ or not.

Or a 'sign on' by the new ComMarRes (Brigadier 'Tough as Old Booties' RMR) ..... or not.

Oh the mind games are endless are they not?

D'ya know? Who cares.

We're reservists and will continue to be reservists whatever it says on your ID card or uniform. Give it up. If it happens it happens. I find it amazing that this is one of the most popular threads on this site, when there are much more important - and dare I say interesting - issues.

Bizzzzzzzarre 8O

bunnyjumper said:
D'ya know? Who cares.

We're reservists and will continue to be reservists whatever it says on your ID card or uniform. Give it up. If it happens it happens. I find it amazing that this is one of the most popular threads on this site, when there are much more important - and dare I say interesting - issues.

Bizzzzzzzarre 8O

Oh listen to yourself and then wind your neck in - so you don't care - whoopie bloody do!

The point is not whether the 'R' goes or stays, it is the fact that the grown ups seem totally incapable of making the decision in anything approaching a timely manner - they go through all the rigmarole of turning a disciplined service into a bloody sewing circle by having a poll (a POLL for goodness sake!) on whether it should stay or go and then go into some sort of organisational stupor when the result comes back saying ditch it.

Surely the 'what do we have to do then' groundwork should have been sorted out before the poll so that the decision could have been implemented. They must have at least assumed that it might go one way OR the other!

If they can't make up their minds on something as simple as this what else are they stumbling over.

And on a personal note BJ, if this thread causes you so much angst then don't read the bloody thing.

dubaipusser said:
bunnyjumper said:
D'ya know? Who cares.

Bizzzzzzzarre 8O

Oh listen to yourself and then wind your neck in - so you don't care - whoopie bloody do!

The point is not whether the 'R' goes or stays, it is the fact that the grown ups seem totally incapable of making the decision in anything approaching a timely manner - they go through all the rigmarole of turning a disciplined service into a bloody sewing circle by having a poll (a POLL for goodness sake!) on whether it should stay or go and then go into some sort of organisational stupor when the result comes back saying ditch it.

Surely the 'what do we have to do then' groundwork should have been sorted out before the poll so that the decision could have been implemented. They must have at least assumed that it might go one way OR the other!

If they can't make up their minds on something as simple as this what else are they stumbling over.

And on a personal note BJ, if this thread causes you so much angst then don't read the bloody thing.

It's called an opinion my learned friend, which I am allowed am I not :?: Like you. If no-one posted to threads that caused them "angst" as you call it, then this would be a very quiet forum don't you think? I agree with what you are all saying about the decision making process. The point is it surprises me that you all still have such difficulty with the fact that the hierarchy can't make decisions - we know that. It's last years news. We're still going through the mill with GSSR.

My original point remains - don't matter what the tin says, it's what's inside that matters. I think the fact that we can't recruit and retain is infinitely more important and I stand by that opinion - and it's your right to disagree.

Actually, I AM suprised that gthe hierarchy can't make decisions - one of the strengths of the Reserve Forces has always been the unique combination of civilian and military skills.

I have lost count of the number of times I have heard comments in RN circles to the effect "if this was a business we wouldn't still be here" yet we have people in the RNR (in senior positions) who seem to throw away their commercial acumen when they put on a blue suit and just 'vegetate'.

And as far as CMR is concerned, I hear many a drip about 'last job staffers' but that doesn't mean that they are washed up and useless, in fact we have had some stars in the past and I am pretty sure there are some stars there now so why can't they take decisions and display the sort of management strengths that got them to the senior positions in the first place?

I wonder what sort of effect a dynamic, go ahead, decisive RNR management style would have on recruitment and retention?

Latest Threads