Commandos engaged for ship naming

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 5dits, Feb 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Royals help

Hopefully the Royals will bring more luck than Camilla

2. First open Champagne bottle and consume contents. Then re-fill with nitro-glycerine or similar clear explosive fluid. Bore hole through cork and insert electrical det. Replace cork. Run cable to secure firing point in Lympstone. Watch ceremony on TV and press tit at appropriate moment. Sorted, and so much more spectacular!

(Personally, I've always wondered why no one has ever thought to make shallow grooves around the outside of the bottle with a glass cutter before rigging it for the ceremonial breaking.)

3. Should do rather well. Firstly it involves alcohol and secondly it involves breaking something.

4. Hope the plates on the Ventura are thicker than those on the average modern war canoe, which look as though a strong gust of wind would blow through them, let alone a champagne bottle!

5. I thought I was about to see a picture of two bootnecks hugging each other and showing their rings off.

6. Before or after a spot of naked wrestling?

7. Plus Helen Mirren's a bit of a MILF, so...yeah "cough cough"

8. Bloody right she is. And speaking of MILF's Zoe Wannamaker gets my vote even though she's old enough to be my mother!!

:thumright: :thumright:

9. Is it time to open a MILF and DILF thread?

10. Probably is about that time mate!!

:thumright:

11. According to this story on the RN website, Noddy will be involved with the launch ceremony too. Anything you want to tell us Blobby?