Commando

oldseadog

War Hero
Honour_Courage_Respect said:
Just thought i'd thank everyone for the advice. I have been down to my rmr centre to speak to them about joining while studying.
Everything going great at the moment
HCR
That's probably the best way you could go about it at this stage. If you can do the two things simultaneously, (RMR + studying,) that would be of great benefit to your personal development.

Please let us know how you find the RM Reserves.

All the best,

OSD
 
oldseadog said:
Honour_Courage_Respect said:
Just thought i'd thank everyone for the advice. I have been down to my rmr centre to speak to them about joining while studying.
Everything going great at the moment
HCR
That's probably the best way you could go about it at this stage. If you can do the two things simultaneously, (RMR + studying,) that would be of great benefit to your personal development.

Please let us know how you find the RM Reserves.

All the best,

OSD
Hi guys well i went down to speak to them at the AFCO and they explained the time consuption could have dramtic affects on my studying especially during exams. So i think ill just have to grit my teeth and get through college.
Thanks again HCR
 
well, sod all the advice you've been given, very good and valad as it is but...
I joined the corps at 16, straight out off school straight into the factory.

Bit of a culture shock, we were cut no slack had to do exactly the same training as everyone else.

I am now an ex bootie who joined up at 16 and never went to collage but is the MD of two companies.

follow your heart, your only here once it aint a rehearsal mate. and guess what?? I still cant spell.
 
wet_blobby said:
well, sod all the advice you've been given, very good and valad as it is but...
I joined the corps at 16, straight out off school straight into the factory.

Bit of a culture shock, we were cut no slack had to do exactly the same training as everyone else.

I am now an ex bootie who joined up at 16 and never went to collage but is the MD of two companies.

follow your heart, your only here once it aint a rehearsal mate. and guess what?? I still cant spell.
I want to believe me but just say i follow it and it fucked up! I doubt i would but what if i hated it? these are the questions that are always there in the back of my mind when i think about quitting!
HCR
 

oldseadog

War Hero
I repeat ... Do not drop your studies!

Get your education behind you, and then go for the Royals!

They don't want dummies, and I certainly wouldn't have appreciated my oppos if they had been as thick as two short planks!

Planks are for the Pongoes. Are you going to prove yourself fit to be a Royal, or become yet another one of the 99.5%?

Keep me posted.

OSD
 

F169

War Hero
slim said:
The armed forces need well educated personnel.

I wonder if too many people aren't over-educated these days, and could do with a little more 'in-service' education rather than external A-levels and degrees....what was wrong with apprenticeships in various trades?
 

oldseadog

War Hero
F169 said:
slim said:
The armed forces need well educated personnel.

I wonder if too many people aren't over-educated these days, and could do with a little more 'in-service' education rather than external A-levels and degrees....what was wrong with apprenticeships in various trades?
With the 'dumbing down' of the education system over the past 10 years, I constantly encounter newly-qualified teachers, whose command of the basics of the English language leaves something to be desired!

Many of those who are currently highly qualified and have attained their Masters Degrees, are not capable of passing the 11+ from the 1950's & 60's! I recently took up the challenge and sat the 1956 paper - and, although I will admit to struggling a bit, I scored 92%. Only 1 of the 8 graduates managed to achieve better than 42%! Bear in mind that the examination was for 11 year-olds!

I did not go to University. However, as an apprentice in the 60's, I broke the record at the local Tech for the highest marks two years in a row, and was advised to join the forces to gain further and better experience. They thought REME - I thought Royals!

Yes, the armed forces do need well educated personnel, so that they can understand their orders, and interpret them into a strategy which minimises the risks to their colleagues, whilst maximising the effects upon the other side.

Education, especially the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively is a prerequisite to any personal advancement. 'The Street' is not the best route to self betterment!

[align=center]HCR - DO NOT DROP YOUR STUDIES !!![/align]

'Aye

OSD
 
Top