Commando Training School

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Newbie14, Jul 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. New 8 part documentary just started on channel 4 at 2100hrs.. Interesting so far, someone's already bottled it!

2. I think the sleeping naked thing should have been expanded on.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yeah, the shower bit was too short too

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

2100 hours? Really?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Copper habit, sorry :)

6. Seadog

Percy Pongo does it too. Can't speak for the Crabs.

7. 'Nine o'clock if you can make it chaps.'

• Like Like x 2
  8. Or 'Bedtime' as they call it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Really enjoyed the first part i noticed the shock of capture was the same episode title as good old Chris Terrill used in his docs.took me a while to work out the DL was french.. 6 freaking weatabix aswell!good watch

• Like Like x 1
  10. Froggy took one of my staff's, daughter's, boyfriend through training about 6 months ago.

He never seemed to stop eating!

11. seems a good bloke though a few people have said it seemed as though they eased off them for TV but im not to sure.

12. JCT

JCT Badgeman

Personal favourite was:

*knock knock*
    "You alright Corporal?"

• Like Like x 5
  13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

For those that missed the first episode, its on again tonight Ch 4 2305

14. I felt sorry for the guy that had been 'pressurised' into joining up by his family. I also felt REALLY sorry for Colin Bell - surely they could have let him continue, excema or no excema, as he'd never have been deployed. He'd have been too busy getting the CO's and other senior officers handicaps down!

15. Seadog

That'll be AM and a late breakfast.

16. Seadog

He did have that 'sponsored by Greggs' look about his man tits.

(Fcuking hell Froggy, where did you sneak up from.....? Ohya.....not in the face....)

17. I loved that.. "Y'all right Corporal?! **** off out of my sight!" Brilliant..

18. I thought it was toss

19. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What week are they issued the off the shoulder number and heels?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I thought it was an excellent programme which was a masterclass in understatement & military wit.

It's appreciated purists will want to see more phys, skinnier DL's and there will be those who want to see more nakedness. From a recruiting perspective, it was a quality production - the telephones have literally not stopped jangling all bloody day!

For me, the highlight was watching the acid wit of the Corporal munching on an apple whilst disinterestedly shooting recruit after recruit down in flames whilst they struggled to report. Top viewing.

Some newspaper reviews on the subject:

Royal Marines Commando School, Channel 4 - Reviews - TV & Radio - The Independent

Royal Marines Commando School review ? is spotlessness really so important in the theatre of war? | Television & radio | The Guardian

Royal Marines Commando School, review: 'remarkably intimate' - Telegraph

• Like Like x 3