Commando - On The Front Line (ITV1)

Lillelj

Midshipman
Ninja_Stoker said:
Did anyone watching last night's excellent episode enjoy the brilliant programme editing?

The Royal in Afghanistan rolling a cigarette whilst under incoming fire- cue the SMOKING KILLS health warning on the tobacco pouch. Brilliant stuff! :thumright:

Lol, yeah that was brilliant.

It all seemed such an exciting and fun situation up on that hill. Up until that bullet kicked up a stone about two inches from the camera lens, that was crazy! definately made me think. not about joining, of course not. Just think..

Oh and thanks spenny :thumright:

Seaweed

RIP
Book Reviewer
"If ever the hour of danger should threaten England, the Royal Marines wil be found the country's sheet anchor."

John Jervis, Lord St Vincent.

Chicogiz said:
Poor man who dies in next weeks, R.I.P to him.

Marine Thomas Curry - known to the lads in his Troop as "Vinders".

I remember reading about him in the old comrades section of the Globe and Laurel - He had just celebrated his 21st birthday, before he was killed. Another sad loss.

RIP mate.

SB146564

Midshipman
R.I.P Vinders
It just goes to show It doesn't matter how big or tough you are, you can still get hurt. Personally, a great show, allowing people to see what RM and other units in afghan go through. I am Currently going for officer in RM and it's got to be the hardest part, losing a friend and commando and still keeping the feelings in check while still on operations. I am glad the show has been shown the way it has, as it stops gung-ho wannabe action men applying and using up places. But as my application has just been received it looks as though I am applying just because of the show, slightly annoying as I have wanted to be a Royal Marine since I was a youngun. Anyway Great show
Ste
R.I.P All RM that have gave their lives for the Cause x

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Don't know if any1 caught the " 55year old commando" on ITV4 last night. 55 year old documentary film maker who trained with the group of recuits and then goes on to pass all 4 tests in the final week to gain his green beret. Hes now off to film them in action in Afghanistan.

I thought until the end that the last episode was a tad lame, I did not get any sense of the struggle to get through the tests, that they just seemed to gloss over them, maybe others saw it differently.

The end however, with the plane carrying the body of their mate flying away and everyone stood on the tarmac, had me gibbering a little bit, together with the very simple list of the fallen, that was very powerful film making.

The Royal Marines are a body of men who have defined and given meaning to the words "Royal Marine". Each and everyone of them an individual person who has strived for themselves, there mates,each other and the Corps.

I was immensley proud to carry on that tradition, and am immensley proud of the young thrusters today.

Before I get picked up on my spelling again I'd like to remind people that if God wanted me to spell he'd of issued me a dictionary, not an Aide Memiore.

They are truely this countrys sheet anchor.

wet_blobby said:
The Royal Marines are a body of men who have defined and given meaning to the words "Royal Marine". Each and everyone of them an individual person who has strived for themselves, there mates,each other and the Corps.

I was immensley proud to carry on that tradition, and am immensley proud of the young thrusters today.

Before I get picked up on my spelling again I'd like to remind people that if God wanted me to spell he'd of issued me a dictionary, not an Aide Memiore.

They are truely this countrys sheet anchor.

Cracking post mate!!!

Scouse_Scribes

Lantern Swinger
witsend said:
Don't know if any1 caught the " 55year old commando" on ITV4 last night. 55 year old documentary film maker who trained with the group of recuits and then goes on to pass all 4 tests in the final week to gain his green beret. Hes now off to film them in action in Afghanistan.

I managed to catch that on the second time around. Hats off to an amazing guy.

I was on the edge of my seat when he was doing the tarzan course and came to the monkey bars, top bloke to get through that.

Personally I think this has been one of the best made documentary type programes about the forces. The shot in the penultimate episode where he is under fire and you see the round hit the dirt just in front of his camera and you can hear the rounds whining as they pass close overhead was amazing. Top class stuff and well done to Chris for "cracking on".