Commando - On The Front Line (ITV1)

markbsac

Badgeman
yeah but good for him he made it into my old mans mob(god rest his soul) a sapper in the REs,and after bootneck training he must have walked the REs training.......

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The ITV site is actually very good. It's just a shame that some (not much) of the information supplied to ITV appears to be a little out of date (quotes in blue). The RM website appears to have corrected most errors at last.

"A fitness test – a 2.4km (1.5-mile)
run on a treadmill that you have to
finish in 10 minutes and 45 seconds."

This is now required to be completed in under 10 minutes.

"Royal Marines Commandos serve open
engagements, which last 22 years. This
can be extended up to the age of 55. You
will usually be able to give 12 months'
notice if you wish to leave after
serving at least three years."

This is now a Full Career of 18 years or to the age of 40, whichever is longer. You
will usually be able to give 12 months'
notice if you wish to leave after
serving at least 2.5 years after completing Commando training.

Not ITV's fault of course, just poor communications.

Lillelj

Midshipman
It has been a very good watch so far. I start RT on Monday, and its been good fun watching them get hammered before i go. Gives me a bit of insight as to what it will be like. My mother has been watching too, she's horrified, but im more excited than ever!

Lillelj said:
It has been a very good watch so far. I start RT on Monday, and its been good fun watching them get hammered before i go. Gives me a bit of insight as to what it will be like. My mother has been watching too, she's horrified, but im more excited than ever!

Good luck for Monday mate and keep us posted with how your getting on!!

Switches to RR recruitment mode: Once your settled in with your Troop, get around the lads and let them know about this site. It would be good to get a few 'Booties in training' on board!!

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Did anyone watching last night's excellent episode enjoy the brilliant programme editing?

The Royal in Afghanistan rolling a cigarette whilst under incoming fire- cue the SMOKING KILLS health warning on the tobacco pouch. Brilliant stuff! :thumright:

Ninja_Stoker said:
Did anyone watching last night's excellent episode enjoy the brilliant programme editing?

The Royal in Afghanistan rolling a cigarette whilst under incoming fire- cue the SMOKING KILLS health warning on the tobacco pouch. Brilliant stuff! :thumright:

I missed last nights episode mate, so will be hunting it down on Youtube tonight.

The humour of war eh. :thumright:

I read a story once about a guy fighting in the Falklands. Sitting in his trench, opened a letter that had been sent to him and it was mastercard threatening to take him to court for not paying his bill. Pissed himself laughing at how he would much rather be in a warm, dry, cosy court room with free tea and coffee than fighting through that shite!!

Latest Threads