Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEWING

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by watch_and_shoot, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All

Please see the change of scheduled viewing day/time to the above programme, as posted by the ITV press office.

Ep 4 Thur 11 Oct 10 pm ‘Tears and Fears’

Ep 5 Mon 15 Oct 10 pm ‘Enemy Contact’

Ep 6 Mon 22 Oct 10 pm ‘Operation Sparrowhawk’

Ep 7 Mon 29 Oct 10 pm ‘Assault at Dawn’

Ep 8 Mon 5 Nov 10 pm ‘Royal Marines – To Your Duties!’

2. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Yeah just noticed that , thanks anyway Spenny .

3. Thanks for that - might not have noticed till next Thursday :)

4. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

ive only seen a bit of it is the jamaican guy still in?

He was a character

5. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Yeah mate hes still in there. If I am honest I didnt actually take to him at first, but the more I watch, the more I like him!!

Some right characters there ........

6. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Have they had to move it later because of all the willies??

[​IMG]

I found this postcard in Egypt, and it is quite clear that booties did not invent willy washing, although this clearly is much more refined than their way of doing it!

7. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Bump

Rosie, It's always been on at 2200 but the day has changed i.e. it's tonight, hence the bumped reminder.

Harry xx

8. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

He failed his 4 mile run so he had to leave 924 Troop, but i think there still following his progress in another troop.

9. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

A cracking episode last night and I really enjoyed watching the Afghanistan footage.

I definitely think the intensity of the fighting show will be a bit of an eye opener to most civvies who watch. I know a couple of mates of mine who sat and watched it were gobsmacked. If I had a quid for every time they said "fakin hell" o_O as the Troop came under fire and especially when they were clearing the Taliban positions with grenades.

Great to see that Commando humour too..........Rounds flying over their head and there agruing whether to watch Star Wars or Pirates of the Carribean!! :bball: Class Royal :thumright:

A shame about Recruit John being back trooped and then medically discharged with compartment syndrome, although I think his crying in the back of the wagon after the Speedmarch was a bit over the top. I know you can argue its because it meant so much to him, but I personally wouldnt want the Training Team seeing me in that state and shouting for my Mum, let alone a whole bloody audience at home. Good luck to him in the Royal ENgineers though.

10. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

BUMP.

ITV1 tonight at 2200hrs

11. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

I wouldn't get to fond of him as he won't be there at the end. ^~

12. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Hes already gone mate. Medically discharged with compartment syndrome. Now a Royal Engineer.

13. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Maybe no bad thing as coming from the Windies his physiology could well have let him down when up the Cairngorms in the middle of winter.

14. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Ah the joys of winter ML assesments in the northern corries in a whiteout

Deep Deep Joy

:thumright: :thumright:

15. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Was not impressed with rct collins in tonight's episode. The last thing the RM need is more allegations of bullying.

He was doing poorly in training whilst being cocky and was playing up to the banter from the training team. He missed an exercise which is a perfectly valid reason to get back trooped and then threw his toys out of his pram and cried wolf to try and get one up on the training team.

Disgusting, im not one to see an oppo off but i hope he does (did) not complete training. I wouldn't want to find myself serving with him in years to come, when (if) i get back in.

16. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

3 words

He was shite!!

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

The important thing with regard Recruit Collins allegation is that he was entirely within his rights to make a complaint.

He was completely plausible in his opinion & despite the fact the findings did not uphold his allegation, it is very important that everyone is clear that he will not be punished for making an allegation which he believed to be justified.

From the editing of this particular episode, he admittedly appeared insular, however he was entirely correct to state a complaint if that is how he felt.

18. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Should be kicked out, he's only there for his "Stuntman " career. Waste of space.

shaun

19. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

Totally agree with your comments ninja but it was pretty clear bar some clever editing that he wasn't pulling him weight within the troop and deserved to be back trooped. His comments regarding wanting to be a stuntman more than a Royal Marine would put anyones backs up.
    Fact remains that he was in it for his own ends which doesn't fit in well with the Corps ethos.

NB

20. Re: Commando - On the Front Line: CHANGE TO SCHEDULED VIEW

I agree that he had the right to complain but i dont agree that he should have. I, personally, dont believe he for a moment thought it was a genuine complaint.

People like him dont have a place in the Royal Marines. Did he not stop to think that he could have one day ended up serving on operations alongside the very men in his training team? How could they trust him knowing that he would (in their opinion) lie to get one up on them and that he was only there to be a stuntman?

Integrity is an important thing in the Royal Marines.