"Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Sub"

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#4
Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Normong_Gruntham said:
Nothing particularly 'historic' about Alliance. They'd have been better served scrapping the old wreck and replacing her with one of the paid off O Boats that were in far better fettle.
But not so historic
 
#5
Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Normong_Gruntham said:
Nothing particularly 'historic' about Alliance. They'd have been better served scrapping the old wreck and replacing her with one of the paid off O Boats that were in far better fettle.
Historic in that the A boats were the last ones to be designed during WW2 with 2 launched before hostilities ended plus the last boats to be fitted with a deck gun, but other than that no history at all really :roll:
 
#7
Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Normong_Gruntham said:
WreckerL said:
Normong_Gruntham said:
Nothing particularly 'historic' about Alliance. They'd have been better served scrapping the old wreck and replacing her with one of the paid off O Boats that were in far better fettle.
Historic in that the A boats were the last ones to be designed during WW2 with 2 launched before hostilities ended plus the last boats to be fitted with a deck gun, but other than that no history at all really :roll:

The O boats were effectively just posh A boats, the A boats having been stretch and streamlined, and you could fit a deck gun on an O Boat, a 20mm on the fin as per the Indonesian Confrontation. Functionally and for all that the public could ascertain, they are much the same internally. Some of the O boats even had war records so are/were historically more interesting.
I assume you mean Otus and Onyx, hardly the same league as the Second World War for submarine exploits which is the whole point of the Alliance or should they scrap Holland 1 and X24 as well?
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#8
Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Normong_Gruntham said:
WreckerL said:
Normong_Gruntham said:
Nothing particularly 'historic' about Alliance. They'd have been better served scrapping the old wreck and replacing her with one of the paid off O Boats that were in far better fettle.
Historic in that the A boats were the last ones to be designed during WW2 with 2 launched before hostilities ended plus the last boats to be fitted with a deck gun, but other than that no history at all really :roll:

The O boats were effectively just posh A boats, the A boats having been stretch and streamlined, and you could fit a deck gun on an O Boat, a 20mm on the fin as per the Indonesian Confrontation. Functionally and for all that the public could ascertain, they are much the same internally. Some of the O boats even had war records so are/were historically more interesting.
I should look again at your picture books, O boats never had a 20mm on the fin
 
#10
Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

janner said:
I should look again at your picture books, O boats never had a 20mm on the fin

A few boats operating during the Indonesian Confrontation had a jury rigged 20mm as it was decided that popping up to the surface and looking sternly at blockade runners was probably not going to be terribly effective. Not a regular fit, but fitted at one point they were.
 
#11
Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Normong_Gruntham said:
WreckerL said:
Normong_Gruntham said:
WreckerL said:
Normong_Gruntham said:
Nothing particularly 'historic' about Alliance. They'd have been better served scrapping the old wreck and replacing her with one of the paid off O Boats that were in far better fettle.
Historic in that the A boats were the last ones to be designed during WW2 with 2 launched before hostilities ended plus the last boats to be fitted with a deck gun, but other than that no history at all really :roll:

The O boats were effectively just posh A boats, the A boats having been stretch and streamlined, and you could fit a deck gun on an O Boat, a 20mm on the fin as per the Indonesian Confrontation. Functionally and for all that the public could ascertain, they are much the same internally. Some of the O boats even had war records so are/were historically more interesting.
I assume you mean Otus and Onyx, hardly the same league as the Second World War for submarine exploits which is the whole point of the Alliance or should they scrap Holland 1 and X24 as well?

They both did more than Alliance though., and Onyx actually sank ships for real.
Care to explain that one. If your talking about the Falklands you're definitely barking up the wrong tree.
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#12
Having served on A and O Boats in the FES during the Indonesian Conflict I can assure you that there were no jury rigged 20mm on the O Boats, there was a proper mounting for the Orlikan (sp) on the foreward casing. The A Boats were refitted with there 4 inch guns.

Talking bolloxs comes to mind
 
#13
janner said:
Having served on A and O Boats in the FES during the Indonesian Conflice I can assure you that there were no jury rigged 20mm on the O Boats, there was a proper mounting for the Orlikan (sp) on the foreward casing. The A Boats were refitted with there 4 inch guns.

Talking bolloxs comes to mind
With that and claiming Onyx "sank ships for real" I think the NorMONG is quite apt for a name. For some reason I smell journo walty type armchair warrior.
 
#14
WreckerL said:
janner said:
Having served on A and O Boats in the FES during the Indonesian Conflice I can assure you that there were no jury rigged 20mm on the O Boats, there was a proper mounting for the Orlikan (sp) on the foreward casing. The A Boats were refitted with there 4 inch guns.

Talking bolloxs comes to mind
With that and claiming Onyx "sank ships for real" I think the NorMONG is quite apt for a name. For some reason I smell journo walty type armchair warrior.
Stinks of cunt to me.
 
#15
Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Some data here.....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IHoLBiLWc1kJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Andrew_(P423)+HMS/M+Andrew&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk
 
#18
Normong_Gruntham said:
janner said:
Having served on A and O Boats in the FES during the Indonesian Conflict I can assure you that there were no jury rigged 20mm on the O Boats, there was a proper mounting for the Orlikan (sp) on the foreward casing. The A Boats were refitted with there 4 inch guns.

Talking bolloxs comes to mind

Ah, so it was a proper deck gun mount . I was always under the impression it was a jury rigged set up.

Oh well, seems Alliance really wan't the last RN submarine to have a deck gun after all.
Why was you under the impression? If you were there you would know, if not why you arguing?
Couldn't you see the picture clearly when you googled it?
I stated a couple of posts back you are a cunt.
Belay that,... I now think you are a stupid cunt.
If your one pleasure in life is to come onto a thread and insert your picture book views, then you surely do need to get a life.

You "Know it by Google" experts are a fuckin joke.
If you served, present your credentials, if not button your fuckin gob and stop spouting your shite. Don't you ever get fed up of being a prize prick?
I served in the fes during the conflict and as I was not on boats would never argue with the fu
ckers that were, you I doubt have ever seen a boat other than pictures, or maybe Navy days.
 
#19
Normong_Gruntham said:
WreckerL said:
janner said:
Having served on A and O Boats in the FES during the Indonesian Conflice I can assure you that there were no jury rigged 20mm on the O Boats, there was a proper mounting for the Orlikan (sp) on the foreward casing. The A Boats were refitted with there 4 inch guns.

Talking bolloxs comes to mind
With that and claiming Onyx "sank ships for real" I think the NorMONG is quite apt for a name. For some reason I smell journo walty type armchair warrior.

Care to name which boat sank Sir Galahad?
You really are a fcuking grade A knob aren't you. Onyx sank the Sir Galahad after it was bombed and the hulk was towed out to sea. It is now an official war grave. Hardly something to class as a battle honour or write home about. Go back to your comics ******** :twisted:
 
#20
Normong_Gruntham said:
janner said:
Having served on A and O Boats in the FES during the Indonesian Conflict I can assure you that there were no jury rigged 20mm on the O Boats, there was a proper mounting for the Orlikan (sp) on the foreward casing. The A Boats were refitted with there 4 inch guns.

Talking bolloxs comes to mind

Ah, so it was a proper deck gun mount . I was always under the impression it was a jury rigged set up.

Oh well, seems Alliance really wan't the last RN submarine to have a deck gun after all.
And that was the Andrew, at least do your homework before you gob off.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top