"Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Sub"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Jul 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

deleted

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

But not so historic

4. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Historic in that the A boats were the last ones to be designed during WW2 with 2 launched before hostilities ended plus the last boats to be fitted with a deck gun, but other than that no history at all really :roll:

5. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

deleted

6. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

I assume you mean Otus and Onyx, hardly the same league as the Second World War for submarine exploits which is the whole point of the Alliance or should they scrap Holland 1 and X24 as well?

7. janner

Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

I should look again at your picture books, O boats never had a 20mm on the fin

8. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

deleted

9. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

A few boats operating during the Indonesian Confrontation had a jury rigged 20mm as it was decided that popping up to the surface and looking sternly at blockade runners was probably not going to be terribly effective. Not a regular fit, but fitted at one point they were.

10. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Care to explain that one. If your talking about the Falklands you're definitely barking up the wrong tree.

11. janner

Having served on A and O Boats in the FES during the Indonesian Conflict I can assure you that there were no jury rigged 20mm on the O Boats, there was a proper mounting for the Orlikan (sp) on the foreward casing. The A Boats were refitted with there 4 inch guns.

Talking bolloxs comes to mind

12. With that and claiming Onyx "sank ships for real" I think the NorMONG is quite apt for a name. For some reason I smell journo walty type armchair warrior.

13. Stinks of cunt to me.

14. Re: "Commander Asks Public To Back Fight To Save Historic Su

Some data here.....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IHoLBiLWc1kJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Andrew_(P423)+HMS/M+Andrew&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

15. Why was you under the impression? If you were there you would know, if not why you arguing?
    Couldn't you see the picture clearly when you googled it?
    I stated a couple of posts back you are a cunt.
    Belay that,... I now think you are a stupid cunt.
    If your one pleasure in life is to come onto a thread and insert your picture book views, then you surely do need to get a life.

You "Know it by Google" experts are a fuckin joke.
    If you served, present your credentials, if not button your fuckin gob and stop spouting your shite. Don't you ever get fed up of being a prize prick?
    I served in the fes during the conflict and as I was not on boats would never argue with the fu
    ckers that were, you I doubt have ever seen a boat other than pictures, or maybe Navy days.

16. You really are a fcuking grade A knob aren't you. Onyx sank the Sir Galahad after it was bombed and the hulk was towed out to sea. It is now an official war grave. Hardly something to class as a battle honour or write home about. Go back to your comics ******** :twisted:

17. And that was the Andrew, at least do your homework before you gob off.