Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

COMMAND

CYNIC

Interesting to see that the Captain of the QE is not an aviation officer (Pilot of recent experience) but a Penquin.
One would have thought the MOD would have read and know all about these non aviation carrier Captains and the cock=ups they made in WW2 through lack of aviation experience.

Promotion through age then..as usual.:rolleyes:

What total rubbish - he is the shakedown Skipper - he will do the first 2 years before the fighter flight is embarked - by then he will have been in command for nearly 3 years - so when they become fully operational they will probably have a new skipper

The OP is assuming that lessons weren't learnt from a war that ended 73 years ago, with the commensurate change in training.

I'm assuming that CYNIC is Norman ;)

Seems like a nice bloke as well - he was Reviewing Officer / Guest of Honour at my lads passing out parade at Raleigh.

(But I never said 'being nice' was the only way to get ahead in this mans Navy.)

Norman ?...............................Have I bit ??
An idiot poster who thinks every Admiral/captain/senior Officer can only attain that rank if he's proved himself in combat, amongst many other drips about the RN.

His screen name was originally Norman but he re-surfaces time and again under different names but he's quite easy to spot.

Do a member search on Norman and see some of his posts, if you fancy losing a few hours of your life.

It seems to have passed the OP by but the CO QNLZ is not who he (the OP) thinks he is. Captain Nick Cooke-Priest is an aviator.

Latest Threads