Coming to a Pub near you . . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Apr 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First they started serving Food, then they allowed kidi-winks in, the licencing hours were extended and Smoking was banned, Brighton regales us with a Rum-fest and now this:

“45 mins ago the John Snow pub, W1F had me removed for kissing a date.”

His tweet provoked a storm of protest and supporters have planned a “kiss in” at the pub.

One person wrote on Twitter:

The John Snow kiss-in protest has 456 attendees and growing by the hour. This is so exciting!

Gay couple 'kicked out of London pub for kissing' - Telegraph

Gulp :eh:- Whatever next............Naked roll-mat fighting cellarmen? Exhibishes for Charity at SF 1939's Local???

Answers on a Post-Card, please, to Blackrat c/o The Snug @ The John Snow, Soho. W1F 9QP

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Never kissed a bloke in a pub?

Fcuk sake get a life.
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It wasn't me i'll have you know.

I'm banned from that pub for;

1. Not having a large moustache
    2. Wanking in the ladies toilets
    3. Skiffing the Babycham glasses
    4. Smoking
  4. Are you telling me this pub is named after the Old Newsreader chap?
    A friend of mine encountered him on a flight from Berlin to Heathrow just after the wall came down....the PA announced the departure would be delayed due to a technical reason and John Snow stood up to announce to everyone one he simply must be back in London and did they know who he friend shouted out 'an impatient tosser' and the whole aircraft burst out laughing....John sat down and there was not a peep out of him for the rest of the flight.
  5. Negat. Oodles of (undeservedly IMO) Google pages on that mere Necktie-Walt autocue newsreader -'Jon' Snow and his cult followers.

But the original Dr. John Snow made a much more useful contribution to life of his community in his day:

<<John Snow (15 March 1813 – 16 June 1858) was an English physician and a leader in the adoption of anaesthesia and medical hygiene. He is considered to be one of the fathers of epidemiology, because of his work in tracing the source of a cholera outbreak in Soho, England, in 1854.>>

Editted to Add:

He must be a'rolling in his grave at the hideous image of all those spit-swappers in 'his' Soho pub......
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  6. ..........thats not to mention what you were up to in their Cellar.:slow:

My lips are sealed :Wink:
  8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Listen. That was never proved as the chloroform dissolved in the lager kegs and the Gin had the same effects as Rohypnol. Must have been my lucky day.
  9. His grandfather or uncle something to do with his kin Peter Snow was a butcher in WW1.
    A General, he repeatedly sent men in waves over the top to slaughter.
    Even that was to much for the Top Brass they sent him home where he bitched like a little girl for the rest of his life about how the men had let him down!
    His descendant,Dan Snow the TV presenter, made an apology for his conduct on TV.
    We are not held up to account for our forebears I only mention it because I can't stand that red socked John Snow.
  10. My Family at War

My Family at War was the programme Dan Snow made the appology, a fascinating series showing what relatives did during the great war...well worth a watch if you're into that sort of thing....which I am.
    My family's dark Somme secret, by TV historian Dan Snow | World news | The Observer
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011