coming in from the cold

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by gazman, Jan 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. told about this site by another ex submariner so thought i would come on board to hear a few sea dits as its been 17 years since left the mob.
    spent time on courageous, warspite and conqs as well as 2 years on the old ark royal before i seen the light, ( was drafted ) or should that be seen no light.
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Welcome to the site Gazman, jump in and abuse a few. :thumright:
  3. G'day Gazman

Welcome to RR we have a number of dieselasorouses around here me being one of them but we happlily accept our green glowing brothers in arms.

Welcome to the 'Hoolie Bar'

Flood Q

4. yes the "Hoolie bar" where you could have any thing you wanted to drink as long as it came in a tin. why they ever changed it into a snack bar i will never know.
    thanks for the welcome nutty and janner :thumright:
  5. Hello Gazman,Ijoined this site just a short time ago and must say what a great place to be.Some of us are a bit long in the tooth now but still it feels like yesterday since we were there.Re. WARSPITE Iwas on her 74/76 and she was the best draft I ever had with a fantastic crew a few of which I still hear from occasionally. Welcome shipmate nice to meet ya.

6. Geeeeeezo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCOTTISH BORDERS thats where I am too. maybe a run ashore in the offing here shipmates!!!!!!

7. Even when you caught fire in Liverpool ?

I was a skimmer on the Antrim at the time,mind you it got us another 3 days on the piss etc in town :thumright:
  8. Warspite always had a great crew, I did the second half of the first commision and the crew was fantastic then too.