coming in from the cold

told about this site by another ex submariner so thought i would come on board to hear a few sea dits as its been 17 years since left the mob.
spent time on courageous, warspite and conqs as well as 2 years on the old ark royal before i seen the light, ( was drafted ) or should that be seen no light.

G'day Gazman

Welcome to RR we have a number of dieselasorouses around here me being one of them but we happlily accept our green glowing brothers in arms.

Welcome to the 'Hoolie Bar'

Flood Q

Nutty

yes the "Hoolie bar" where you could have any thing you wanted to drink as long as it came in a tin. why they ever changed it into a snack bar i will never know.
thanks for the welcome nutty and janner :thumright:

dingerbell

Lantern Swinger
Hello Gazman,Ijoined this site just a short time ago and must say what a great place to be.Some of us are a bit long in the tooth now but still it feels like yesterday since we were there.Re. WARSPITE Iwas on her 74/76 and she was the best draft I ever had with a fantastic crew a few of which I still hear from occasionally. Welcome shipmate nice to meet ya.

UP SPIRITS.............SPLICEEEEEEEEERS!!!

dingerbell

Lantern Swinger
Geeeeeezo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCOTTISH BORDERS thats where I am too. maybe a run ashore in the offing here shipmates!!!!!!

UP SPIRITS........SPLICEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!

dingerbell said:
Hello Gazman,Ijoined this site just a short time ago and must say what a great place to be.Some of us are a bit long in the tooth now but still it feels like yesterday since we were there.Re. WARSPITE Iwas on her 74/76 and she was the best draft I ever had with a fantastic crew a few of which I still hear from occasionally. Welcome shipmate nice to meet ya.

Even when you caught fire in Liverpool ?

I was a skimmer on the Antrim at the time,mind you it got us another 3 days on the piss etc in town :thumright:

Nicks said:
dingerbell said:

Even when you caught fire in Liverpool ?

I was a skimmer on the Antrim at the time,mind you it got us another 3 days on the piss etc in town :thumright:
Warspite always had a great crew, I did the second half of the first commision and the crew was fantastic then too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Current Affairs 8
S The Fleet 9
E RMR 16