Comedy Rates and Names

Seeing as the officers nicknames thread has popped up got me wondering.

We've all heard the pipe "OOD gangway, Captain approaching" which made wonder, has there ever been a real Captain Approaching?

In the same vein, was there ever a genuine REM Brandt (who may or may not have gone to the paint shop) or a POMEM Granite (who may or may not have gone to the galley)

Anyone know of any genuine comedic combinations? I do know there was a Colonel Pine-Coffin who was in the airborne in WW2, not someone I'd like to stand near when the bullets started flying

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
Off on a tangent, but....

Shame Capt Pugwash was only for t.v, I've always hoped an ex matelot was the script writer behind the names Roger the Cabin boy, Seaman Stains and Master Bates !

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
Off on a tangent, but....

Shame Capt Pugwash was only for t.v, I've always hoped an ex matelot was the script writer behind the names Roger the Cabin boy, Seaman Stains and Master Bates !
No such luck I’m afraid. The creator and writer, John Ryan, served in the army in Burma during WW2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
Remember the RN Dit - ship in USA port, yank comes on board and says to the QM - I was out with some of your lads last night and lent one of them $50 - he said come back today and get it

QM - what was his name

Yank - Harry Skinters.................................................................

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sumo Miscellaneous 33
N Diamond Lil's 4
daffy1 Current Affairs 14