Comedian Freddie Starr, 70, is suing the woman who claimed he molested her in a BBC d

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Sep 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm glad to see somebody fighting back. It has been far too easy for anyone to allege they were 'touched up' 30 or 40 years ago. Compo anyone?

OK, times and attitudes have changed, but it used to be the norm (ish!) to run on the dance floor and bite some bird's bum for a dare. Or was that just us?
  2. Saw the Steward of our boat get a right hammering after he did that to a bird in the Bar L one night, the local lassie had a mean right hook. I suppose (in hindsight) we should have helped him instead of pissing ourselves laughing.
  3. You'd need a massive gob and no sense of smell where I live
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Good for him. I hope Jim Davidson does the same. I've had 2 friends falsely accused of rape. One had his career and life destroyed before he was cleared, the other had a very hard time until being proven innocent, even though the accuser had form for false rape claims having done it three times previously.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Think I'm still on topic, but one of the things that really annoys me is when 'suspects' of sex cases are named sub-justice (if that's the correct term). As tids has pointed out here, and we all know, just the mention of it and careers etc can go down the pan with no, or little, chance of recovery.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Spot on Guzz, they didn't reveal the "lady's" past history prior to the trial yet my mate had all the stigma of the charge to carry for months, God knows how his marriage survived.