Combat Stress...Help needed!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nick78, Jun 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies in advance for this!

In July I am cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End, raising money for Combat Stress, the ex services mental welfare charity.

I am finding it incredibly hard to get sponsorship so am turning to this site for help.

Please, if you can help in anyway yourself, or if you can pass on my details to anyone else who can, I would be most grateful.

many thanks in advance.
  2. Hi Nick78, we have a Charity section on Rum Ration for these. I suggest you follow Rincewind's example for the Chesterfield SCC and set up a PayPal account, or ideally CombatStress set one up themselves. This makes it easy for shipmates to make donations and makes us all much more willing to do so.

I'll sponsor you for £10 for a starter.

3. Nozzy Nozzer> Thanks for your reply. I shall put something in the charity section. The web address attached, the just giving one, is a secure payement site, using paypal I think, or something similar and equely safe.

This should be ok no?
  4. The link I gave should enable you to register a new account with PayPal, which is secure. All you then need to do is seek pledges from sponsors on Rum Ration (or elsewhere) and ideally provide some evidence in the form of photographs, etc in the gallery section which you can refer sponsors to when it's time to couch up. You then supply us with your PayPal account email address and the heading we should use and we can pay. Send a PM (Private Message) to Rincewind, one of RR's moderators, for further details. I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Rincewind pre and during sponsorship! (Don't be shy)...