Combat Stress....A plea for help!

Nick78 said:
Tell you what fellas I will be livid if my charity post got hijacked by a walt!

if it is all true then it's another tragedy,

Anyone got any news yet from the police/USMC?

Nick.

I have heard nothing back yet from the Police. BY has told us all we need to know on the USMC front. Having read his post I think it's pretty clear we've been had!

Always_a_Civvy said:
Nick78 said:

Nick.

I have heard nothing back yet from the Police. BY has told us all we need to know on the USMC front. Having read his post I think it's pretty clear we've been had!
Who's we Sucka ???????? :lol:

Lingyai said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Nick78 said:

Nick.

Who's we ???????? :lol:

Eh? :wink:

Nick78

Midshipman
Lingyai is quietly enjoying the fact that he does not include himself in the "we" catagory seeing as it was he who first pointed out things were not quite ringing true with our Jewish Scotsman. Fair play to you for having the balls to do so, "YOU HEARTLESS B$STAD!!!" ;-)

Perhaps alarm bells should have rung out for all of us when he mentioned "mountains" They are "hills" to Scotsmen, Jewish or otherwise.

Secondly, his kind friend coming over to pick up his stuff, apart from discussed laptop, an empty bottle and the wrapper from the tranquilisers, do tramps really have so much stuff as someone needs to fly out from the US to collect it all......shopping trollies and cardboard boxes allowed through customs yet??

Disgusted by this. I only hope that my rather embarassingly emotional cry out the other evening gets picked up by people who truely deserve help from charities such as Combat Stress, and I only hope that this conversation will not give up too much time to frauds but devote the massively appreciated opportunity the internet and this site, in particular offers, to make sure the message that help is availiable to those who deserve it, continues to get out.

I always called the Scottish hills mountains, until I saw what real mountains looked like when I went to Norway. I now call them undulations, like calm ripples in an otherwise raging sea.

Nick, your so-called outburst was a welcome sign that humanity and compassion are alive and kicking in this otherwise cynical World of ours. Nothing to be ashamed about, nothing to apologize for. I'm so sorry that you've been abused in this way.

Steve.

Nick, your so-called outburst was a welcome sign that humanity and compassion are alive and kicking in this otherwise cynical World of ours. Nothing to be ashamed about, nothing to apologize for. I'm so sorry that you've been abused in this way

I'll second Steve's sentiment above, Nick.
Many of our own troops are returning suffering from PTSD, the difference here is that it tends to get swept under the rug.
I guess to many people it brings back shades of Vietnam, and the American public doesn't want to hear about it.

On a lighter note: I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed that ol' Arnold hasn't come back to defend his honor by threatening me with all manner of physical and spiritual harm :cry:

"We know you're 'eeeeerrre Poppet! Come out, an' we PROMISE we won't 'urt you!" :twisted:

BootneckYank said:
On a lighter note: I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed that ol' Arnold hasn't come back to defend his honor by threatening me with all manner of physical and spiritual harm :cry:

"We know you're 'eeeeerrre Poppet! Come out, an' we PROMISE we won't 'urt you!" :twisted:
I am disappointed too, does that mean my invitation to be gang raped at PensIcola is null and void? Shucks.
Lack of evidence seems to point to a bullshitter. Not a very good one either. I'm no wi fi guru, but if most signals are anything to go by, you have no chance of getting one in a graveyard or in the hills.Maybe I've been watching too many episodes of Monk?

Lingyai said:
BootneckYank said:

I am disappointed too, does that mean my invitation to be gang raped at PensIcola is null and void? Shucks.
Lack of evidence seems to point to a bullshitter. Not a very good one either. I'm no wi fi guru, but if most signals are anything to go by, you have no chance of getting one in a graveyard or in the hills.Maybe I've been watching too many episodes of Monk?

You could get a decent signal if you positioned yourself outside an internet cafe offering wifi. To be honest any tramp with a PC would be robbed of it - unless he was an ex-Marine and could fight back. It a very rough world on the streets, whatever illusions of an easy life most of the public may harbour about it. Internet access can be made available but not frequently and what most people want is a hot meal, shelter, to be able to talk and to be treated like the human beings they are - net access outside London might be different. I have no experience outside London.

bren498

Midshipman
You are entitled to rant as long as you want to ,i think PSTD effects people in different ways it never seemed to affect me but my friends call me a **** any way, well don on the bike ride i will be donating