Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by disaster_manager, Apr 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey people, I'm new to this forum but I'm serious about joining the RN as an officer so I just need to pick your brains. I'm colourblind so could anybody tell me what roles are available for someone with CP3 please? I've been to my careers advisor the last couple of days and he's advised logistics officer but are there any other roles I could go for?

2. All other officer post apart from warfare are CP 4. But in the majority of jobs your require a specific degree (Engineering, medical etc). Therefore, the only jobs that you could possible go for are Logistic (Male and female) or Royal Marine (Male only).

3. Thanks for your reply, that's cleared things up a hell of a lot. I do have a degree in Disaster Management BSc (Hons) but I'm guessing that it's not going closely enough related to any of the officer roles available.
  4. Dude, go into politics, Labour need your degree lol ;)
  5. Colourblind?

I thought all colours were dark green anyway 8O
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It is most closely related to the role of Logistics Officer, who is the Damage Control Officer at Action Stations & in charge of overall control of casualty management, damage control &limitation including flood containment, salvage ops, firefighting operations, logistic management support including the mass preparation & distribution of catering, medical & stores support both within the ship & external to the ship in the case of disaster relief operations worldwide.

Other than that, nah, not really.
  7. He's not a recruiter for nothing y'know.
  8. Hi fucknuts, if this post offends you and you feel it is out of place in a Newbie section, you'll probably be ok.

You galloping great woofter.

MoD Edit: Do please watch yer colourful language.
  9. What does this say? :wink:
  10. PMSL. Girlfriend thinks im losing it lol
  11. 8O :lol: :twisted:
  12. Just pray you aint the one told to push the red button :)
  13. For the benefit of those watching in black and white

The red is next to the blue one...

14. ....I cannot imagine never being able to spot the Golden Rivet either. :oops:

(Probably a Golden Weld these days anyhow :wink: )
  15. God I don't know if I've been W$$king to much but that yellow was B££ody hard to read