colour sargeant jim thorner

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by burtonlass, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know james (jim) thorner 839 squadron royal marines served from 1965 to 1981 then royal marines reserves from 1982 until 1998 he was my brother and my hero and sadly passed away today
    (oct 20 2007) would love to hear
  2. Rest In Peace
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss Burtonlass. I was 'in' 79-83 but didn't know your brother.
    RIP Royal.
  4. Condolences Burtonlass, and R.I.P Royal
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Unfortunatley No, RIP Royal.
  6. Very sorry to hear of your loss. I didn't know your brother but rest in peace Royal.

7. hi nz bootneck thanks for your reply buddy did not understand last bit please explain dhobi?
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

9. Burtonlass, it is my profile signature, it was one of the sayings that my Drill Instructor in training used. He came from the Midlands and this was his opening/parting remark to us nods on each and every occasion, the only thing that changed was the volume. Total nutter! :thumright:
  10. I did'nt know your brother, but I drink in the Wessie, so I've probably spoen to him at some time. Everybody speaks of him with a great deal of affection. You have my condolences.
  11. RIP Royal .
  12. Burtonlass, sorry to hear about Jim, a nicer man I've yet to meet.

You have a pm

13. burtonlass,yes i did know jim,
    i really good egg apart from that damn pipe of his :lol: !!!! he spent more time trying to light it than actually smoking it as i recall!
    i'll send you a pm shortly.