Colour perception

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 2badge_mango, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just watched "This Week" on BBC1 (my highlight of the week!)
    They were discussing the current troubles of Mr Broon and his government.
    Andrew Neil said "Peter Hain is just the icing on the cake."
    Dianne Abbott responded with "orange icing"
    Is this colour prejudice?

2. I don't know. Is it a reference to Dutch orange and therebye a reference to Boers and his South African roots? All that from the fat, smarmy, hypocritical twot that is Ms Abbot, too!

My go. Is green a primary colour? :bball:
  3. For the youngsters in here, she used to lecture her constituents about the virtues of inner city London comprehensive education and then sent her kids private.
  4. No its not............ its a secondary colour....

my go........ Purple....
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nope, green is the colour of my son's primary.
  6. Not so fast, Josie! Ninja junior's experiences with mixing colours tell him that green is a secondary colour, later on his physics classes will tell him green is a primary colour!

So, Josie, perhaps the clue might be in how purple could be described?
  7. Well Purple has so many qualities and textures, so many shades , ranging form deep heady purple to light lilac.
    Is deep and meaningfull,, warm and cosetting , it has layers upon layers and depends on the wearer or the onlooker as to what is seen and felt........... Purple for me is my own colour,, safe and serene. It gives me comfort..
    BUT do i love purple for its colour of because the natural smell which comes with purple........Lavender.. for me which came first the colour OR the smell.
  8. Purple is....THE FUTURE! Read it and weep!
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: original post... I think she might have been referring to his 'permanent tan' that gave his his skin a strange suave, debonair glow to his apearance... he's obviously let himself go since then! :lol:
  10. As far as I know, Peter Hain has never said anything about the disparaging references to his tanned appearance, but be careful here, there are several serious and not so serious illnesses that give the sufferer a permanently tanned look. He may have a problem that he does not wish to trumpet to the world and all the smartarses that have taken the p*ss thus far could be eating humble pie.
  11. White.... a very practical colour. You can wear it and as each day passes it changes colour from Pusser's Persil White through Prime Ministerial Grey to Admiral Brown. ;) :lol: