Colour Blind :(

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by JLO1, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I want to join the Royal Navy as a Logistics Officer but I am colour blind (slightly - I can still see colours)

Is it possible at all to become a Logistics Officer?

2. Here's an idea, why don't you go to the AFCO tomorrow and ask someone who can give you a rock hard yes/no answer.

You won't get one here.

3. won't get one until your medical, there are different steps of colourblindness, I passed CP4

4. I got one at my eye test because the optician decided to. *shrug*

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated there are varying degrees of colour blindness.

Logistics officers have the lowest accepted colour perception standard, CP4.

Colour Perception (CP)

There are four standards of colour perception graded as follows:
    Standard Test Specification

CP 1
    The correct recognition of coloured lights shown through the paired apertures on the Holmes-Wright lantern at LOW BRIGHTNESS at 6 metres (20 feet) distance in complete darkness

CP 2
    The correct recognition of 13 out of the first 15 plates of the Ishihara Test (24-Plate abridged Edition 1969) shown in random sequence at a distance of 75 cm under standard fluorescent lighting supplied by an artificial daylight fluorescent lamp (British Standard 950: 1967)

CP 3
    The correct recognition of coloured lights shown through the paired apertures on the Holmes-Wright lantern at HIGH BRIGHTNESS at 6 metres (20 feet) distance in complete darkness

CP 4
    The correct recognition of colours used in relevant trade situations, and assessed by simple tests with coloured wires, resistors,
    stationery tabs etc.

Personnel who fail to reach the minimum standard of colour perception are to be graded CP5 - failed trade test and colour
    expanses.

Methods of testing colour perception –
    Ishihara test

1. Ishihara plates are used as a screening for all entries.

2. Candidates who pass the Ishihara test are graded CP2 and require no further testing except for those whose critical visual task requires a categorisation of CP1.

3.Candidates who fail the Ishihara test are further tested for CP3 or CP4 according to requirement.

6. same as stokers and ET(WE) then

7. Ninja_Stoker

Indeed, but you also have to be 'aesthetically pleasing' to be a Stoker.

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Said the exception to the rule :lol:

9. Ninja_Stoker

Oi.

10. Thats changed from the numbered cards that said I was good enough to be a greenie in '78

Edited for a numpty question lol