Collateral Damage

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Bergen, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In Texas, Juan Flores Lopez was having a bad day. Suffering from a chronic depressive illness he poured gasoline over himself and in a cry for help threatened self-immolation.

Luckily San Angelo police arrived on the scene and prevented Mr. Lopez from setting fire to himself. They hit him with a Taser and incapacitated him. Unfortunately the sparks from the Taser ignited the gasoline.

Mr. Lopez died from his burns in a hospital in Lubbock Texas earlier today. Texas Rangers are investigating.

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/jun/19/san-angelo-man-burned-when-police-taser-ignites/

Bummer

RM

2. I dunno, you TRY to do someone a favour, there's just no pleasing some people, is there! ;)

3. Was that Juan Flores Lopez ,otherwise known as "Sparky" to his mates?

4. You obviously don't need brains to be a cop in Texas. Shame MSGs too old he'd have been a bobby dazzler.
    NZB

5. Mixing raw fuel with near naked electricity - not exactly a well thought out solution to that particular problem. Now it's just a question of who sue's who over this.

SF

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

PMSL....fcukin yanks, classic. Can we PLEASE do some exchange visits with some of there cops and ours, the chavs over here could do with some *cough* american tolarance....I do hope none of the cops were hurt.

7. In the words of Jerry Lee Lewis, "Great Balls of Fire."

Semper Strenuissima

8. His othe nickname was Whoosh!

9. Wonder if he was a rolling stones fan, jumping jack flash springs to mind

10. No R-G that is how you turn a cat into a dog.

Pour over kitty half a gallon of 4 star and chuck on lighted match. Kitty then goes "Wooooffffffffffffff !"

Nutty

12. For some reason this reminds me of a story I heard (not sure if it was one of those urban myths people talk about) that during the Firemens strike in 77/78 when the Green Godesses were manned by Forces personell. Apparently some old dear had her cat stuck up the tree, said GreenGodess responds (with an RN crew but that could be a dit) and rescues the cat. Old dear plies them with gratitude, tea and biscuits etc - then on the way out they run over the cat.... maybe not true, but amusing.

13. PMSL excellent

14. Probably a Take That fan...."Relight my fire...."

15. I think theyre dumb bastards, tryin to stop someone drenched it petrol by tasing them.... makes me laugh!

16. I was in then and recall it was a Royal Marine crew that did the deed.
    Also an RN crew were supposed to have filled their tender with beer instead

17. It's a safegaurd dit, but the number of people I met in the early 80's who claim to have been on that green goddess crew, there must have been a fleet of buses following the tender

18. Nice one Bergs, PMSL! I now owe the Company a new keyboard, plus I have just had to explain to my colleagues why I was rolling around on the floor.

[/quote]For some reason this reminds me of a story I heard (not sure if it was one of those urban myths people talk about) that during the Firemens strike in 77/78 when the Green Godesses were manned by Forces personell. Apparently some old dear had her cat stuck up the tree, said GreenGodess responds (with an RN crew but that could be a dit) and rescues the cat. Old dear plies them with gratitude, tea and biscuits etc - then on the way out they run over the cat.... maybe not true, but amusing.

19. Another blatant disregard for global warming.

20. Did any of you guys read the signal that came round a few weeks after the end of that cover, apparently thay could not find a GG, and asked if anyone knew where it was. I was in Pembroke at the time. :lol: